Battery Quick connects

MR. GADGET

Where is the best place to get good battery quick connects?
I want to run power to the back of the tow rig for a winch and jumper cables.
I like the ones on the ready welder 2 and would be cool if they are the same type could use to weld off the back of the truck.
I was looking at the Warn kit but the price is high for the 20' or 24'.
Jon

Jon,

You need to visit "Trader Joe's" near Louisburg. he has cables and cabling of all kinds, various connectors and such.

In the past I have bought "anderson" style connectors (what Warn uses ) from him and the lugs to terminate the cables for the connectors.

401 toward Loiusburg, 2 mile past Hwy 96 Turn left on Sid Eve's Rd, cross Hwy 98, go another 3/4 mile look to right, you will see a White block garage the driveway should have a sigh says in Trade Joes Way.

Opens at 6pm till 9pm Mon-Fri, 9-2 Sat

CB and Ham radio are his main business, but he has some awesome "junk" in the back room you need to look thru. Don't expect packaged conveniance, you will have to browse and sort to get what you want (part of the fun) He may no have what you want right away, but is always getting more stuff. He could retire just off cashing in the copper in that building.

HTH

Kevin

The Beast said:

I use those to isolate my batteries.

Ready Welder part # 3062-AN is the connector you seek. Let me know if you want them and I can get you a price. You can also get them at a Forklift repair or sales place. They use the same type of connector to charge the battery powered forklifts.

It's easy enough to run back to the back of your truck with these, but you won't be able to weld much unless you run at least 24V

hope this helps
Chip

upnover said:

Ready Welder part # 3062-AN is the connector you seek. Let me know if you want them and I can get you a price. You can also get them at a Forklift repair or sales place. They use the same type of connector to charge the battery powered forklifts.

It's easy enough to run back to the back of your truck with these, but you won't be able to weld much unless you run at least 24V

hope this helps
Chip

Thats cool
Thats what I'm looking. I want them most for the winch but will use them for everything. I plan to cut the jumper cables at one end to use connecter and then you never need to lift the hood just plug it up.
I carry two blue tops in the blazer for welding and got 4 dry cells on the trailer to use for camping/trailer winch and the truck has two in it(Diesel).
Jon

Make sure you review the continuous rated amperage - winches can draw over 500 amps under a severe load. I've been looking for a cutoff, but any that can handle that load are around $90. Summitracing.com is a great place to see a selection.

Stewart

stewartgivens said:
Make sure you review the continuous rated amperage - winches can draw over 500 amps under a severe load. I've been looking for a cutoff, but any that can handle that load are around $90. Summitracing.com is a great place to see a selection.

Stewart

Just looking for the ones that warn uses in all there hitch mount winches.
I'm sure they have tested them. Yes the cutoffs will cost a lot but these are plugs.
Jon

Not sure if your looking for a cut off switch type deal or a a disconnect like on air hoses..

HF has a cut of switch
awww.harborfreight.com_cpi_photos_91400_91499_91477.gif

CHIP

upnover said:
hope this helps
Chip

Chip
Let me know what kind of deal you can get me looking maybe 3 sets or so.
Jon
gjloughry@earthlink.net

Back