beach report?

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
Still crappy?

News reports here are all drama, no substance.

We were planning on going this weekend before all this Ophelia crap. Thinking maybe we'd be cool if we headed south to Wilmington/Carolina Beach/etc rather than the earlier plan of Hatteras/Okracoke/Core.

its done...

storm has came and gone... lots of rain but not too much damage besides flooding... its supposed to be extremely nice for like a week so make plans for this weekend... im sure any and every hotel will be available so come and have fun... later

Wilmington got it worse than the beaches this year. Lots of water in some areas. Some neighborhoods when I was making my afterstorm rounds had water as high as halfway up mailbox post. Everything is back to a normal day though for the most part today as if nothing ever happened

my parents said everything is basically fine around the southport/oak island area. there's some flooding on 17, 133, and 87 though which are the only roads in. should be cleared out by the weekend though.

how is the ocean? nasty water?
we were looking to do some inshore slow trolling for king this weekend, but there is no chance if the runoff has caused the water to be terriblly muddy.
we will be off holden beach, one of the areas with the most rain (30 miles south of wilm)

How far of a run are you willing to make? If you have to co-ordinates I'd slow troll WR4 or 26 mile rock or the tower ( frying pan tower) which is 38 miles or so out. I haven't heard any reports yet though of whats biting since the storm

well since we're in a 16ft john boat we might as well go to 38miles out or so. we're going to need a lot cold :beer: for that one. yeah we stick to the 2mile or so radius on nice days.

Hey I actually dont the tower deal in a jon boat. :flipoff2: If your wanting to slow troll in the 2 mile range I'd do carolina beach inlet provided there are no breakers. That or Rich's inlet. Caught our winning 32lb king in there last year in 10 ft of water. Fish brought almost 70k after all the sponsors and everything were paid in :D

I'm not planning on doing a damn thing other than sit in the sand and maybe play with the dog in the water. So, basically, the fewer jellyfish and such washed up on shore, the better.

Thinking now that we might load up early Sat AM and ride to Carolina. If the weather's nice and the water's relatively clean, we may hang around to Sunday.

Thanks everybody.

from this one (slow moving), the water is going to be terrible along the shore for a while. don't expect any surf fishing worth a damn for a while. anything 2+ miles off should be okay within the next day or two...

I'm in the same postion as saf-t. Wife and I had planned a trip to Carolina Beach the week of the 26th. Not planning much, just some time on the beach before it gets too cold. Would like clean water and minimal crap on the sand...if there is any sand left.

Any reports on how the beach looks there?

im goin down on the weekend of 25th too, staying somewhere around carolina beach, but all im gonna be doing is flounder gigging on the inlets of holden beach. -chase

For those wanting to come and camp on Carolina Beach. Sand looks fine. Bring it awn. Water is murky as usual though but it stays that way doing to the brackish mix of the Cape Fear River just over a mile away always mixing in with it during tide changes

Back