Beaver Recipes?

grapehead

I can't be the only psychopath that eats them. I started trapping them last year and have been exploring recipes.

backstraps grilled medium rare with some salt an pepper turned out great.

back legs on the smoker til done turned out great.

made a stew last night that is on the right track, but still needs r&d.

what else y'all got?

Clean and willing? Be careful trapping them, they might go all #metoo on ya!

My dad cooked them and groundhogs like a potroast. Taters, onions, carrots and a pack of onion soup mix. Clean the beaver, get the glands out of the legs, (maw used to par boil them if they were big or gamey) toss it in a foil covered pan and bake it @350f for a couple hours until internal is 165f. You can also crock pot the same recipe for 8 hours on low. Works on possums and coons too but possum is pretty greasy cooked like this.

Remind me the first time I ever heard my grandpa tell an adult joke.
I was probably 14 and he would have been 60ish.

I read the other day there are 3 million battered women in America. All this time I been eating them unbreaded and raw

I can't be the only psychopath that eats them. I started trapping them last year and have been exploring recipes.

backstraps grilled medium rare with some salt an pepper turned out great.

back legs on the smoker til done turned out great.

made a stew last night that is on the right track, but still needs r&d.

what else y'all got?

Have you found the country beavers are better than the city beavers ?

I've only had em in small pieces in a stew with potatoes onions carrots green beans dunno bout cleaning em bc I was young then but prep for cooking I've made a 12 spice rub lil oil I use peanut and rub/marinate em before putting in the stew!! We always used bones, all veggies trash extras and boiled for the stew stock or cook it all and strain... tons of diff 12 spice rubs reading this thread makes me want some beaver... prepared both ways!

I'll have to try the stock idea, I've just been taking the choicer cuts and leave the rest of the carcass for the scavengers.

Back