Beech Mountain Wheeling?

woodkrawler

Does anyone know anything about wheelin on the backside of Beech Mountain. I went one time up there when i was in school at ASU about 3 years ago but i can't remember how to get there other than just taking 421 towards TN. and turning left onto ?? any help would be great!!

lincoln

It's mostly blocked off. Some of the land has been sold apparently as there is a new fence up. No signs were up when I was there, but many of the trails hand been bulldozed with huge piles . Sad to see such a great places demise.

I was there this weekend, and some trail does still exist. Some people have spoken with the Beech Mountain police, and they said it was fine for people to be back there. As far as going in, there are two ways that i know of to get to the "main" trail. First, as you mentioned, go toward ten. from boone on 321. About two or three miles from the border, turn left on buckeye road. Go until you see the dumpster site and turn left onto a dirt road right past the dumpsters. You can follow that up onto beech, but there are about 10,000 small dirt roads and it can be quite a challenge trying to find your way up.

The easier way is to go up 184 onto beech mountain like you are going skiing. Go past the entrance to ski beech and you start to head back down hill slightly. Look for the signs that say Beech mountain parkway. Turn left onto beech mountain parkway and keep on going. It says the road ends, but in fact it doesnt. This is the way in to the trail most people consider beech mountain.

Pretty cool place, didnt get to go very far as i was driving the tow rig, and it doenst exactly fit to well

cumminsdzl said:
I was there this weekend, and some trail does still exist. Some people have spoken with the Beech Mountain police, and they said it was fine for people to be back there. As far as going in, there are two ways that i know of to get to the "main" trail. First, as you mentioned, go toward ten. from boone on 321. About two or three miles from the border, turn left on buckeye road. Go until you see the dumpster site and turn left onto a dirt road right past the dumpsters. You can follow that up onto beech, but there are about 10,000 small dirt roads and it can be quite a challenge trying to find your way up.

The easier way is to go up 184 onto beech mountain like you are going skiing. Go past the entrance to ski beech and you start to head back down hill slightly. Look for the signs that say Beech mountain parkway. Turn left onto beech mountain parkway and keep on going. It says the road ends, but in fact it doesnt. This is the way in to the trail most people consider beech mountain.

Pretty cool place, didnt get to go very far as i was driving the tow rig, and it doenst exactly fit to well

thanks for the help! i may have to check that out this weekend.

Back