Best place to order spicer parts

Keith1138

I'm looking for spicer part 2005192. It is the thrust washer between the carrier bearing and magneto on a JK e-locker. Only place I have been able to find it in stock is on Jegs website but it won't ship for over a week (don't know how much to trust that). Rockauto shows it out of stock. Spicers website only shows one in-stock in the country. Where is the best place to order something like this?

Screenshot_20231125_170033_Chrome.jpg

I've checked their website and it doesn't come up. I'll call them on Monday to verify.
That’s probably your best bet. Every place that shows up when you google that number shows backorder, out of stock, or discontinued. I searched that number on Just Differentials and all it pulled up was the whole solenoid.

That’s probably your best bet. Every place that shows up when you google that number shows backorder, out of stock, or discontinued. I searched that number on Just Differentials and all it pulled up was the whole solenoid.
The magneto/solenoid is 2005193. Some websites show that it comes with a new washer some show it doesn't. When I replaced my rear one I can not remeber if it does or not. I've thought about just buying a new magneto if I could guarantee it came with one.

The magneto/solenoid is 2005193. Some websites show that it comes with a new washer some show it doesn't. When I replaced my rear one I can not remeber if it does or not. I've thought about just buying a new magneto if I could guarantee it came with one.
Yeah that’s the number that comes up. It doesn’t specify if it comes with it or not.

Looks like the solenoid assembly should include the thrust washer.

IMG_1372.jpeg

Well I called Ecgs they don't carry that part and it doesn't come with the magneto. Ecgs said call the dealership they said it only comes with the locker assembly. So I'm in the market for a busted e-locker or someone willing to part with the washer.

Well I called Ecgs they don't carry that part and it doesn't come with the magneto. Ecgs said call the dealership they said it only comes with the locker assembly. So I'm in the market for a busted e-locker or someone willing to part with the washer.
If you can verify these dimensions are correct, somebody like me or @Jody Treadway or others may have something laying around.
1701122405485.png

The guys at Primal were nice but they ended up not having it. The owner thought it had came out of a jk but it was out of tj from a few weeks ago. So I am still in the market and on the hunt.

I'll look in my shim assortment tomorrow.
I'll have to translate from that mm shit to good ol' SAE first 😂
Id= 2.378 in
Od=2.835 in
Thickness=0.209 in

The "solenoid" is stationary, the washer wedges in between the solenoid and the carrier, and since the carrier turns the washer rubs between both of them. You want that washer to be case hardened so that it will not eventually wear down. The "solenoid" is really an electromagnet so when the locker is engaged it is pulling itself against the carrier case, but again is stationary.
1701368023729.png

The "solenoid" is stationary, the washer wedges in between the solenoid and the carrier, and since the carrier turns the washer rubs between both of them. You want that washer to be case hardened so that it will not eventually wear down. The "solenoid" is really an electromagnet so when the locker is engaged it is pulling itself against the carrier case, but again is stationary.
View attachment 407919
That is not the location of the thrust washer. The thrust washer is located between the magneto and carrier bearing. It works more like a spacer to help keep the magneto in place. The carrier is spinning inside of the washer and the carrier bearing is spinning on the other side. You can see it being removed in this video at the 6 minute mark.

Either way, I’ll have em at Uwharrie tomorrow…
IMG_1334.jpeg

Back