Big block Chevy / GMT400 owners

Bebop

I'm trying to fabri-cobble something to fix a cooling issue on a BBC powered buggy I'm working on.

I need to figure out a proper water pump pulley setup and after many hours spent looking at the interwebs I beleive my answer might be in the form of a GMT400 water pump pulley. I know I can get a machine shop to build me what I want, but before I pull the trigger on that, I'd like to exhaust my other options.

If someone has a GMT400 with either a 7.4, 5.7 or 4.3 and the ability to measure their water pump pulley, I'd be very grateful.

It also seems that other years of BBC have similar water pumps and pulleys. The setup kinda look like this but as long as the water pump pulley is smooth (belt riding on the back side), I'd be ok.

1723824637618.png

Pulley looks like this :

1723824691444.png

I need to know the OD of the pulley, the distance between the waterpump mounting surface and the edge of the pulley, as well as the width of said pulley :

1723825076717.png

If you know of another Chevy application with a similar style of pulley, I'm game to get info as long as you can tell me what's the original source of this part so I can buy it.

Thanks in advance

Pretty sure I have that pulley on the 5.7 in the jeep. Water pump came from a 99 4.3. I'll try to measure this weekend. I just got in from out of town.

@Bebop

It was hard to get my calipers in there, but I think I'm pretty close.

5.830" ish

148mm, since you ain't from around here, lol.

20240817_165248.jpg

20240817_165257.jpg

Edit, I just realized I didn't answer all your questions.

Last edited:
Back