Black Bean Brownies

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
I'll get the recipe later and post it. But the wife has me eating better because apparently I'm squeezing the wind out of her when I roll over on her. Luckily for her, she can hold her breath for 12 seconds

Anyway....as a result she's researched a way I can still have a little treat every once in a while (in addition to rolling over on top of her for 12 seconds)

She's made these black bean brownies 3 times now. This last time with her new [Sofia Vergara voice] "NINJA food processor" and Dayum son!!! These muhfokkers is GOOOD!!! Only one way to make them better :huggy:

Brought a couple for snack today

Pic for reference:

bbb.jpg

As a disliker of black bean burgers, I can attest that black bean brownies are awesome! However, as a lifetime member of the big boned boys clubs, I can also attest that after several years of black bean brownies, I'm still in the big boned boys club.

Will do, once we get back from Wilmington. Guy ferrini (sp) is down here screwing up all our meals (in line at case iron kitchen where he filmed yesterday)

Oh yeah, my wife makes brownies or chocolate chip cookies bars weekly. She’s all about some black beans, no doubt she’d give this a try.

IMHO the key is getting the beans to puree correctly. First 2 times she made them they were ok, but this LAST time was after she got her ninja food processor and they were......well, I HATE to say better than regular brownies because you won't believe me...but they were. Much more moist

Anyway:
1 can black beans
1/2 cup agave sweetener
1/2 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup cocoa (hersheys...beacuse it's important)
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
6 tblsp mini chocolate chips

Mix it all (minus chips) and mix it GOOOOD

8x8 nonstick pan
Bake @ 350 for 20min

Cool for 1hr and then sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Best served slightly warm, but bad idea if you don't have a lot of self control (said the fat boy)

Feeds one fat boy and one hot ass wife, and MAYBE a teenager...or said fat boy, wife and 2 really close friends you're willing to share with.

Will do, once we get back from Wilmington. Guy ferrini (sp) is down here screwing up all our meals (in line at case iron kitchen where he filmed yesterday)
I mean this in the nicest way possible....you suck. My wife and I like Guy Fieri (gotta spell it right, since my wife is Italian...man, do those meatballs get pissed when you cross them! :lol:) and we LOVE Wilmington. So yeah...you suck a lot.

But I was laughin my asses off at most of this thread. Thanks for the recipe, as I've been trying to look for some "healthy" desserts. I'll give this one a shot if I find a couple minutes laying around somewhere. I'll report back how we did.

Thanks. ..i think

My daughter became fixated on UNCW when she was 10 and hasn't let up. 2nd semester and she's on the dean's list with a 4.2 gpa, so she's making it happen.
I think Wilmington is ok....but the people there can't drive for shit...the traffic is aweful and it's so friggin overcrowded....even in January o_O

Give me the mountains and not a sole for 100 miles and I'm in heaven!!!

Thanks. ..i think

My daughter became fixated on UNCW when she was 10 and hasn't let up. 2nd semester and she's on the dean's list with a 4.2 gpa, so she's making it happen.
I think Wilmington is ok....but the people there can't drive for shit...the traffic is aweful and it's so friggin overcrowded....even in January o_O

Give me the mountains and not a sole for 100 miles and I'm in heaven!!!
LOL no problem...I really did mean that nicely!

Sounds like your daughter is doing awesome down there...that's great! I do agree with you that Wilmington typically is way too damn crowded...but we usually drive around, see the sights (Fort Fisher, Wrightsville Beach, Beaufort, etc. etc.) but I'm with you...give me solitude way out miles and miles away from anyone, and I'm a happy camper! There's the (well, one of the many) differences between my wife and I...she grew up city, I grew up country way out in the boonies.

LOL no problem...I really did mean that nicely!
Oh I know :huggy:
I'm pretty full of crap...very rarely serious, and know that I'm not as smart or skilled as Most of the folks here. And I don't have much of an ego so it's pretty hard to offend me or cause butthurt. A few folks think I'm an internet bully o_O but those that know me find that laughable

... And I don't have much of an ego so it's pretty hard to offend me or cause butthurt. A few folks think I'm an internet bully o_O but those that know me find that laughable
I was assuming such was the case...especially considering the first line in your signature. The first time I read that I definitely LOL'ed.

I'm pretty full of crap...very rarely serious, and know that I'm not as smart or skilled as Most of the folks here. And I don't have much of an ego so it's pretty hard to offend me or cause butthurt. A few folks think I'm an internet bully o_O but those that know me find that laughable

Me and you both.
i have no ego or feelings of self importance and i am a really nice gangsta in person.

So I took a swing at making these today.

IMG_1676.JPG

The difference with mine from your recipe was that I used apple sauce in place of the egg whites because I didn't have any eggs... I think that may have made them a tad spongy, but still had a very pleasant taste and texture nonetheless. My wife took a few bites before she gave it the nod of approval, but ended up conceding that they were very good as well. She just kept balking at the fact that one of the main ingredients was black beans... lol. But, you can't beat the fact that there is only 3.5 grams of fat, no cholesterol, and not too many carbs and sugar in the entire pan (not to mention much much less than that for an individual serving) for a brownie!

I'm going to have to get some eggs and try again. I'll report back once more our final collective verdict after we do that. But color us impressed!

Back