Blackstone cooks

I have been using on for a couple and months now with breakfast meals working the best. I tried some glazed bananas for a dessert which did not work nor did the breaded salmon. Hashbrowns rule though...

Picked up this little do-dad from the Walmarts earlier this week bc my oldest son loves some McGriddles from Micky Dees...

Tried our hand at homemade bacon, egg & cheese McGriddles last night...turned out great.

1614354311364.png

1614354329257.png

1614354351927.png

1614354368788.png

1614354388120.png

how did that do with the eggs? I have some of the silicon and metal egg rings, and they work good to keep it contained, but the egg sticks to them more than I would expect.
I use the metal egg rings and hit them generously with some non stick spray, like PAM, and never had an issue with sticking.

how did that do with the eggs? I have some of the silicon and metal egg rings, and they work good to keep it contained, but the egg sticks to them more than I would expect.
Yea, it sticks to the edges (pancakes and eggs both did). I used the spatula to go around the edges on the pancakes and then grabbed a steak knife when doing the eggs. I just took the knife and went right around the perimeter with it. Lifted the silicone thing right up and worked out fine. Was my first time using that thing so was certainly a learning experience. I will keep that steak knife on deck from now on when I use it.

Yea, it sticks to the edges (pancakes and eggs both did). I used the spatula to go around the edges on the pancakes and then grabbed a steak knife when doing the eggs. I just took the knife and went right around the perimeter with it. Lifted the silicone thing right up and worked out fine. Was my first time using that thing so was certainly a learning experience. I will keep that steak knife on deck from now on when I use it.

I have done the same thing. Hoping there was something I was missing. Most of the time i dont worry with the rings, but we have a kid with an egg allergy, so keeping them contained is nice.

I have done the same thing. Hoping there was something I was missing. Most of the time i dont worry with the rings, but we have a kid with an egg allergy, so keeping them contained is nice.
Yea I wouldn't bother unless we were doing these McGriddles since it makes it all proportional. Normally I'm just cracking eggs & throwing them on.

I cook breakfast for all my guys at work once a month cook close to 10 dozen eggs at a time. I cut some 3" aluminum tubing up to make egg rings so I can beat all the eggs at once and just pour them into the rings with a pitcher. I have learned if you let the rings heat up on the griddle top and shoot them with a little spray, they will "cook" the eggs around the ring surface also, making them pop right out. Struggled with silicone until I went to the metal.

I made some steaks on mine a while back and didn’t do too great. I got the hankering for a good steak and wanted to try it again.

I tried it just like he did in this video, and it turned out amazing. Best steaks I’ve cooked I think.

3F0247BF-5AAA-47E6-AFBF-D7ECC3E0C3F5.jpeg

I made some steaks on mine a while back and didn’t do too great. I got the hankering for a good steak and wanted to try it again.

I tried it just like he did in this video, and it turned out amazing. Best steaks I’ve cooked I think.

View attachment 343164

Sounds similar to using a hot grill. 2 min per side, rotate and flip. Take off high heat if not done after 8 min. Biggest thing I have found is to avoid any sugar in your rub/seasoning. Compound butter also takes it to another level.

That video reminds me that I need to build a cutting board with feet for my BS.

Sounds similar to using a hot grill. 2 min per side, rotate and flip. Take off high heat if not done after 8 min. Biggest thing I have found is to avoid any sugar in your rub/seasoning. Compound butter also takes it to another level.

That video reminds me that I need to build a cutting board with feet for my BS.

Build me one too when you do :rockon:

They have a couple on amazon, But they arn't cheap.

The pictures didnt show for me. I have seen the ones on Amazon, and I cant say that I am a fan, for the money. I need to just get some metal and make one. Was it @WARRIORWELDING that built one for someone here?

The pictures didnt show for me. I have seen the ones on Amazon, and I cant say that I am a fan, for the money. I need to just get some metal and make one. Was it @WARRIORWELDING that built one for someone here?
I did, after seeing what is available commercially I've politely declined making anymore.
I doesn't make good dollars and cents to build them.

I have several stainless bowls from a restaurant supply that serve the purpose.

I have several stainless bowls from a restaurant supply that serve the purpose.
This is what I currently use. I need to grab a hotel pan lid or something similar.

Back