boom pop clank

StudNuts

Outlook not so good for the buggy motor, entered the buggy in a sand drag/mud bog in Wilmington over the weekend.....tach'd it up a bit too high and spun a rod bearing, so I drained the oil and filled it with engine honey, finished up the drag(with pretty darn good points for a rockcrawler), then I decided to go wheelin today, again, tach'd it up a bit too high and tossed the whole rod this time :( Now its on. I got a replacement engine to get me through my rebuild. Im going to rebuild my engine into a fire breathing nitrous spraying monster.

:lol: MudNuts :lol:

Exactly how high is "a bit too high"? :D Was it one of those runs where a spectator says: "Man! You were right on the rev limiter on that one!" And you answer "I don't HAVE a rev limiter" :rolleyes:

My old 305 didn't run too well after a run like that, either..

It was in the high 6k early 7K range. Not that high, but with a load dragging behind me..... :eek: I think someone even asked me if that engine would run that high of an rpm, I said sure I pulled the chip out.

I bet that sounded awesome though.. right up until the "bang" part... Got video? PLEASE tell me you've got VIDEO!! (or just a sound clip)

V8's wound up tight make me go "doing doing doooing"

P.S. Where have you been getting your tanks filled, and how much $?

StudNuts, where was this, Haw Hill in Winnabow? A couple of friends from Wilmington and I went wheelin on Saturday, and when they were driving down to meet me, they said they passed a bunch of mud trucks heading north. And when I got back home, my neighbor's green Yota mud truck was covered in mud.

Rich said:
I bet that sounded awesome though.. right up until the "bang" part... Got video? PLEASE tell me you've got VIDEO!! (or just a sound clip)

V8's wound up tight make me go "doing doing doooing"

P.S. Where have you been getting your tanks filled, and how much $?

http://www.activeautowerke.com/video/gfx/AAMcoupe1.2.3.RaceLogic10%.wmv
http://www.activeautowerke.com/video/gfx/AAMcoupe1.2.3.racelogicDRY.wmv

Here ya go. Different vehicle, but gets your blood racing a bit. I found a long clip 5 min- but I didn't want to post it because it is highly illegal. In this clip i'm sure that is the rev. limiter he is hitting, it sounds rough when he does though.

yager said:
damn, i might actually get more wheeling in than you this year !!! :D

what motor you got in that thing ? 360?

oh no, i already got a 360 replacement to go in ;) to get me by while i rebuild mine all back up. Yep it was a 360. Its completely locked, I tried spinning the crank from the front dampner bolt and it wouldnt budge. I should have the replacement in by this weekends shownshine at uwharrie.

I just got to learn not to step on the go pedal so hard......but its oh so fun. I should a put a crappy exhaust on it so it dont sound so good.

Back