Bought a trail truck!

junkxj

Well poop!!!!!
To start off, I haven't owned a RC vehicle since my old Nylint jeep from walmart died (to be fair I had cut it up and broken it so many times that it was totally my failt). I did some research and decide on the Ascender. Finally got it today, and can't wait to take it out for a drive tomorrow. I figured this would be a fun hobby till it's warm enough to take the 1:1 truck out again.

Anyone else still running these trucks? Any good local sites or clubs? Looking to find other people who enjoy these.

20170112_201004.jpg

There is a Facebook group called Carolina Scale Crawlers. They have meet ups, will help if you have questions, and parts are always for sale on the page.

Good luck on the Ascender build. Its kind of nice to see them since everyone and their grandma is running the SCX10 platform.

With you being in Banner Elk there are plenty of rocky hiking trails to take it out on. A good battery will get you a couple miles of trail running.

Thanks for the compliments! I am excited to drive it for the first time. I will check out Carolina scale crawlers for sure. I thought about a scx10, but decided to get something a little different.

Back