Bowman special alloy bolts ?

Veeps

Does any one know what happened to this company ?
Can’t seam to find a place that sales these bolts any more .
Any info,casually look on internet for a week or so only place could find them was on eBay

IIRC, there are only two manufacturers in the world that make Bowmalloy bolts. Seems like one of them was in the Great Lakes area and may have had a similar namesake, but it has been about 15 years so take my memory with a grain of salt.

These are the marking on the bolts I guess the changes the name and logo markings 545E50E6-9427-42EC-AB43-CCDCA35AAA46.jpeg
Better bolts then what can be had in box stores .

Better bolts then what can be had in box stores .

So... Real question: Do you need Bowmalloy bolts for a specific application, or do you just need better bolts than a box store? There's a lot of distance between those two things.

Heavy editing today. I can't string a sentence together the first time around to save my life.

Last edited:
I had at one time a good selection of bowman bolts but threw the years have used them on projects
Just want a better bolt
Things just don’t seam to be made they way I remember they use to be

I've still got some around here from the race shop i worked at. They used them for damn near everything. If your buying, they are overkill for 90% of what most people would use them for. The Bowmalloy stuff is definitely stout.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

We used them to connect the boom to the truck on utility and tree service trucks due to their super high tensile strength. Definitely overkill for everyday applications.

When I worked at a Rental business, they set up a supply account with NAPA. Batteries, filters, belts, hoses, ect., & nut/bolt/washer bin. It was Required , that the hardware was "Certified", that was used on any equipment. It may be a separate line, but NAPA hardware was Certified, plus they had everything else we needed.

I had at one time a good selection of bowman bolts but threw the years have used them on projects
Just want a better bolt
Things just don’t seam to be made they way I remember they use to be

It's really easy to get 170-180ksi fasteners all over the place, like McMaster Carr. Grade 9 too, which is 180ksi; the Bowmalloy that you're looking for are Grade 9.

Turns out Holo-Krome used to make Bowmalloy-licensed fasteners, I never knew that until I was looking around for what grade they were. I use a lot of Holo-Krome socket head cap screws and stuff, most of it from McMaster (they don't tell you the brand).

So Barnes/Bowman had the exclusive rights to Bowmalloy stuff (that's where the race teams got them I believe, with in-shop restocking from Bowman) and the bolts were made in Taiwan. Then MSC bought Barnes, so I'm assuming that MSC is the sole distributor of Bowmalloy-branded stuff now. I'm learning all kinds of fun but useless shit today.

Last edited:
Back