Brakes, Inc. In Raleigh

getstucksome

Don't know if anyone has used them but I got a driveshaft shortened for my Dodge today. Seems like good work so far, time will tell!

Overall good experience. Shortened it 13.25" and put new spicer joints in it for me because I decided to be lazy.

147 out the door for the shortening/balancing and 3 1410 spicer joints.

I just thought I'd share because I had tried to find a local place to get spicer joints and now I have one!

Thats not bad at all for that.....I have always had a good experience with Brakes. Damn, that price seems really good.

yeah. 64 business and new bern run together

lol looks like i was right but mistaken at the same time?

http://www.brakesinc.net/

3900 US Highway 64 E is their address.

I went down western/mlk, turned left on s. raleigh, right on new bern and they were on the right.

Either way, it was a good experience. Fleetpride wanted 100 just to shorten and balance the driveshaft.

Brakes did it for 55. U-joints (1410's) were ~20 each, so 60, and I guess 25 or so to install 2 u-joints, plus tax.

Brakes, Inc. has lengthened, shortened, and made several driveshafts for me. Good service, good price, no complaints at all.

Their work has been good for me, just watch out for their quotes. They told me it would cost one price then when I picked it up they had added $10 dollars in environmental fees and $4 in taxes. There should be no tax on a service, at least not yet.

FWIW Brake's also can make hyd hose, brake lines, LP liquid lines, and carries LP Vapor hose as well. not to mention all the med/heavy duty truck brake and suspension parts......

Back