Secondhand Tin Can.

Tonight I got the yukon chromos installed and the front shocks. Hopefully the old ujoints were causing the catch I was having in my steering. I couldn't feel anything wrong with the old ujoints but it wasnt a constant catch just every once in awhile. I also found my track bar jam nut was loose again. So I got that tightened back up. I'm really excitied to get this thing back on the trail.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Tonight I got the yukon chromos installed and the front shocks. Hopefully the old ujoints were causing the catch I was having in my steering. I couldn't feel anything wrong with the old ujoints but it wasnt a constant catch just every once in awhile. I also found my track bar jam nut was loose again. So I got that tightened back up. I'm really excitied to get this thing back on the trail.

Hopefully you have a different primary DD. Some CTB goofballs might talk you into some fun with that XJ all geared up :smokin:

Yeah you better be looking for a little Honda or something soon cause you’re getting deep into the rabbit hole!! Lol

The good news is if someone breaks into your Jeep, they’ll probably overlook the bag with all the expensive stuff in it :D

Yeah you better be looking for a little Honda or something soon cause you’re getting deep into the rabbit hole!! Lol

The good news is if someone breaks into your Jeep, they’ll probably overlook the bag with all the expensive stuff in it :D
I'm actually starting to look and trying to decide what I want to get.

Well she now has new shocks on all four corners. The last shock stud on the rear axel gave way. So I just drilled it out put a grade bolt through it and pressed a sleeve into the bushing of the shock. The bolt fits tightly though the sleeve and the hole.

Of course I played with it in the yard. These new shocks feel alot better than the old quadratecs I did have.
9a9dc8278e390d16c7dc2cbee0ba2ec0.jpg
ce2afa100cfd476b79285c2fb0659cca.jpg

Looks good. What size tires and gears did you go with? I’m sure it’s up there somewhere but didn’t see it.

Looks good. What size tires and gears did you go with? I’m sure it’s up there somewhere but didn’t see it.
34s and 4.88 gears. It has a good bit of get up and go off the line. I do not know what the top speed is yet.

I probably wouldn’t find the top speed in a lifted Jeep myself lol.

But I am curious what it does at highway speed around 70-75? I’ve only had mine up to around 60ish and the gearing seemed great with plenty to go without revving too high.

I probably wouldn’t find the top speed in a lifted Jeep myself lol.

But I am curious what it does at highway speed around 70-75? I’ve only had mine up to around 60ish and the gearing seemed great with plenty to go without revving too high.
I'm probably never going to go over 75 in it.

I think the suggestion and common interest is GO DO IT!:driver:

lol yeah I’m schooled you haven’t. It’s been done for 2 weeks and is your daily driver, how have you not been on the highway? o_O

lol yeah I’m schooled you haven’t. It’s been done for 2 weeks and is your daily driver, how have you not been on the highway? o_O
I work 3 minutes from my house and I dont go anywhere where I go over 55.

Rpm at 65 was about 2400. 70 was a little more but that was all she had. I do have an exhuast leak. I wonder if that is effecting anything.

The ride quality was amazing even over the bridges. I still have a slight pop sound in the front end when turning. I know for sure it isnt the u joints. Would tierod ends cause this?

All it had at 70? How many miles does that thing have? It should be pretty peppy at those RPMs and be able roll on.

All it had at 70? How many miles does that thing have? It should be pretty peppy at those RPMs and be able roll on.
25k on the engine that's why im wondering if the exhaust leak could be affecting it.

I could have given it more gas but I didnt really want to push it too hard. I need to drive it some more at that speed and get a better feel for it I think.

25k on the engine that's why im wondering if the exhaust leak could be affecting it.

My old xj had the normal broken exhaust manifold leak when I bought it. After replacing the manifold I didnt notice any gain in power.
Where is yours leaking?

My old xj had the normal broken exhaust manifold leak when I bought it. After replacing the manifold I didnt notice any gain in power.
Where is yours leaking?
Where the headers connect to the y pipe with the cats.

Back