Broke it!?! Post it!

OutLander469

Was out riding Brown Mountain s today and hitting jumps, rocks, logs and the usual. Nothing broke until I started showing off in a big puddle. Damnit all...

IMG_20200704_134512_hdr.jpg IMG_20200704_134627_hdr.jpg

More pics to come on the severity...

These are some carnage pics from last few years. Broken rear diff, broken rear plastics, bent handle bars, bent a arms. The list is long but I have beaten these two bikes like a red headed step children and couldn't be more pleased with the limited amount of destruction.
0410151438.jpg
1107172343.jpg
0529172155a.jpg
1130172116.jpg

No pics but I ran a Honda Trx400ex in to the ground. 4-5 front control arms, 6 bumpers 2 axles, rear subframe, a couple or bearing carriers and finally and engine.... head lifted pulling the studs out of the bottom end.

Also, 2 herniated discs, 3 concussions, to many dislocated thumbs to count, and sprained everything.

IMG_20200705_133155_hdr.jpg
Broke the LH Knuckle
Broke the brake line
Ripped the CV boot
Gouged the upper ball joint
And while I'm at it I may as well change that broken wheel stud.

Did this a couple years ago at CAW trying to keep up with a buddy on his built raptor. I believe I broke the thumb throttle off with my inner thigh on my way over the handle bars as I bailed off. Not drinking at all and had my helmet on and luckily just took a tumble through the woods. Could have been a lot worse. Wallet felt it though...
IMG_20170218_125253447.jpg
IMG_20170218_125300864.jpg
IMG_20170218_134235049.jpg

Did this a couple years ago at CAW trying to keep up with a buddy on his built raptor. I believe I broke the thumb throttle off with my inner thigh on my way over the handle bars as I bailed off. Not drinking at all and had my helmet on and luckily just took a tumble through the woods. Could have been a lot worse. Wallet felt it though...View attachment 321505 View attachment 321506 View attachment 321507

I felt that before but it was the clutch side on my own Raptor. Think I fractured my thumb.

Quick update... Bought the Knucke, bearing retainer clip, and a single wheel stud from CheapCycleParts.com they sent the stud and clip but the LH Knuckle was labeled such but it was something that looked like a plastic penis pump. Had no resemblance to a spindle or Knuckle. I'm guessing it went to some watercraft or something. So I sent that back and I'm still waiting to hear if they have the part I need.

I've also been struggling to get the CV joint apart on the wheel end. All the videos I've seen the thing pops off after a few hits with a brass drift n hammer. Mine I been hammering on for the past 3 days and nothing. I'm almost to the point of just cutting the new boot and glueing it back together once on.

I got the new ball joint in. And I ordered a used brake line from eBay for $4.95 that's way better than $135.00 for a brand new one.

FINALLY!!! All back together... After getting the wrong part and having to wait 2 weeks to get the right one. After hammering the poo poo outta the CV joint to get a new boot on and sayin f-it and just cutting the boot to put it on and glue it. To finally getting all the parts and putting it all back together just to realize the inner part of the CV joint came apart. After 3 hours of trying to get that back together. Got it all together and took it for a spin to check it all out. And WTF it's pulling to the right. Grrrrrr. Adjusted the tie rod. And now the wheels are straight but now the bars are crooked. Goddamit I'm quitting for the day... Fix that tomorrow.

IMG_20200804_160740.jpg IMG_20200804_162446_kindlephoto-60674502.jpg

FINALLY!!! All back together... After getting the wrong part and having to wait 2 weeks to get the right one. After hammering the poo poo outta the CV joint to get a new boot on and sayin f-it and just cutting the boot to put it on and glue it. To finally getting all the parts and putting it all back together just to realize the inner part of the CV joint came apart. After 3 hours of trying to get that back together. Got it all together and took it for a spin to check it all out. And WTF it's pulling to the right. Grrrrrr. Adjusted the tie rod. And now the wheels are straight but now the bars are crooked. Goddamit I'm quitting for the day... Fix that tomorrow.

View attachment 323222 View attachment 323223

Let's go riding!!!

Got it out on the trails and not even ten minutes out its got a flat tire. Sidewall punctured. No Luck what so ever.

No pics but I gradually destroyed an 05 Eiger. Drug it through every rack deep mud hole/pond I could find. Mounted 28in Mudweiser tires and blew the actuator rod completely out of the front diff climbing out of a creek. Strangest break I've seen.

Tough quad, would buy again.

Back