Building a J10 Rock Crawler

Curtis_Boom

I picked up a j10 A couple weeks ago.

Slowly but surely getting it started.

My Plans are:

Full exo cage and cut the flairs.
Dropping a 12v cummins in it.
H1 wheels with 37s
SOA for now till I can get a 4link made.
Saving for an Atlas 2 stick

D60 front with a 14bolt rear
Running 4:56 with lockers front and rear.
Have a 8500lb Superwinch.
Running an Onboard Air compresser and tank as well as 2 fuel tanks.

I will Try to keep this updated to show progress.

IMAG0024.jpg
IMAG0025.jpg
IMAG0060.jpg
IMAG0073.jpg
IMAG0074.jpg
IMAG0123.jpg
IMAG0124.jpg
IMAG0157.jpg
IMAG0177.jpg
IMAG0173.jpg

Last edited:
Nice truck man, funny thing seeing this again. My brother was gonna buy this truck one week before you bought it haha. He sold his bike and went back and they said someone had put a down payment on it the day before. But I'm kinda glad its in your hands because it seems like you got money and plans for it, and my brother only had plans haha. But its definitely a nice truck and I'm looking forward to the build!

nice shop. oh and you said 12 valve:beer:

Nice truck man, funny thing seeing this again. My brother was gonna buy this truck one week before you bought it haha. He sold his bike and went back and they said someone had put a down payment on it the day before. But I'm kinda glad its in your hands because it seems like you got money and plans for it, and my brother only had plans haha. But its definitely a nice truck and I'm looking forward to the build!

Yea the guy wanted way too much for it. I offered 1500 less than he wanted and took it.
This is going to be fun =)

Yay buddy!!! This is the guy that made me go out and buy a M715. Gonna be Jeep bro's! Really is going to be fun getting you unstuck all the time. =P

Hey bud i met you this past weekend at the Veterans day ride. I had the big red wagon. Just checking out your build. This thing is going to be a beast. Cant wait to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You planning on running the bed or are you going with a flat bed of sorts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey Curtis! I met you & Dorothy this past weekend at the Veterans Day ride. Looks like you've got an awesome build going on. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

Looks awesome!! Thanks for riding with me on the Veterans Day ride! I had a great time,,well except for my stomach problem. Sorry I had to bail out after the ride. I hope u enjoyed your self and you're welcome to ride with me anytime!

looking awesome.
seeing this has me wishing I had time to finish mine up. dont think I have touched it in a few yrs.

A small update. We used my extra axles and a borrowed set of H1 wheels to Mock things up for the Cage. Pictures are no the best because we had to move it to the side of the shop.
IMAG0740.jpg
IMAG0741.jpg
IMAG0742.jpg
IMAG0744.jpg
IMAG0745.jpg
IMAG0748.jpg
IMAG0750.jpg
IMAG0751.jpg
IMAG0756.jpg
IMAG0757.jpg

Also picked up some King Offroad 18inch travels coilovers with reservoirs, bumps and limiting straps.

Waiting till the Cummins is in it before doing the triangulated 4 link front and rear.

Back