Burned truck left at URE

Scott86MJ

I went camping over the weekend at URE and near my campsite was a chevy truck burned and left at the end of Deep water trail. I think people volunteer to remove this junk sometimes, I always pick up what trash I can but I would need lots of help to remove this one.

I went camping over the weekend at URE and near my campsite was a chevy truck burned and left at the end of Deep water trail. I think people volunteer to remove this junk sometimes, I always pick up what trash I can but I would need lots of help to remove this one.
from what I've seen on a Uwharrie offroad FB group that thing has been there for several months now. Sounds like it ta least got drug out to the trailhead.

Yep, it was there on Sept 29 when I was up there.
IMG_8254.jpeg

I thought about going and picking this up, i know right where its at, but I got to wondering about the legal side. What if its reported stolen when i take it to the scrap yard, etc? Any way to protect ourselves when trying to help in a situation like that? I guess find a police officer willing to meet out there and run the VIN?

Even if not stolen, could the owner claim i stole it? Just a lot of questions in my mind.

I thought about going and picking this up, i know right where its at, but I got to wondering about the legal side. What if its reported stolen when i take it to the scrap yard, etc? Any way to protect ourselves when trying to help in a situation like that? I guess find a police officer willing to meet out there and run the VIN?

Even if not stolen, could the owner claim i stole it? Just a lot of questions in my mind.
Leave it on the road.
Cops will get it towed ASAP.

@UncleWillie can probably help here.

Back