Burning Money

Been a while... zero updates on the jhf chassis just as life intended. Been busy riding and being a dad. Wagon got 300m 40 spline stubs, 300m joints, and 300m 35 spline inners from Branik though. And new dig tires. Made another 24 hour ride two weekends ago that was epic. 75 miles and atomic ridge in the dark again with a cracker barrel breakfast around the 18 hour mark :smokin:

IMG_3283.jpeg
IMG_3277.jpeg
IMG_3134.jpeg

Got quite a bit of parts collected for the jhf. It should be going in the shop this fall. Somebody tell me i'm making a mistake by running axles narrower than 69"... it's not too late for me to splice the 60 back together at factory length. Still questioning a few things on the steering angles but time will tell I guess. Good thing I hate money.

Wider with high backspace wheel will be easier to fit and will be easier to steer at high angles.

Update time. Bought a 2003 rubicon from a buddy that was a slight project. 90,000 miles, turbo 4.0, hp d44 and 9" axles. Rear 3rd was blew out of it, steering was a deathtrap on the road, typical jeep issues. Rebuilt the rear axle and went to a 4.56 gear and open carrier to ditch the spool. Same had to be done to the front, 4.56 and added an aussie locker. It already had a longarm kit so the suspension is ok for a street jeep/ mild wheeler. All the heims were wore out on the hp44 steering. Ditched all of that for a one ton tre kit from barnes, drives much better now. Went ahead and added an antirock tot he front since there were no swaybars on it at all. Removed all the turbo stuff so it actually runs good now and changed the trans oil to make 2nd gear happier again. Should be a fun little jeep and something to take momma out in some.

In other news, me and dad bought a 4800 car that is about 90% ready for 4800 class. 408 stroker, th400, 2.0 race case, goatbuilt chassis, tons, trailing arms, big shocks, etc. The buggy had never been raced and honestly hadnt been trail rode but maybe 10 times. The spring rates were all out of whack. After talking with our buddy Chris at Diddys Big Block Race Shop, we got the front springs fixed and ready to move to the back now. We need to mount 37s, then do some testing. Hoping to get with Chris soon for some valving. Stay tuned.

Yes, this put a damper on the JHF only because of shop space. Racecars > required shop space to actually work on stuff.

Been busy this winter so far. Finished up the trailing arms on dads buggy, new Ron Davis radiator in the wagon, and finally starting on axles for the jhf. Decided to go fab 9 in the front with gear works load bolt case and standard 9" gears with kingpin outers. Ready to start riding again.

No pictures, my bad dawg... but rear axle Cs are tacked on at 10* pinion and 7* caster. Got the front 3rd member built and it turns out the ecgs 9" spool is too wide for the load bolt in the case. Got to pull it back apart and grind on the spool for load bolt clearance. Decided to change out the old welded 14b carrier for a 40 spline spool since I have to order custom length shafts anyway.

In other news, took the shocks off the racecar to prepare for tuning this Friday with Diddys Big Block Race Shop at Blue Holler. The Trec season starter is less than two months away and we have a shit load of stuff to do. All in all we aint got enough time each day and basically hate money.

Also, for those wondering, buy the racecar because your family is already disappointed.

Back