Businesses interested in sponsoring youth baseball team?

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
My younger son's team just moved to a new organization and their old batting helmets all are the colors and logo of the old team. Parents already had to buy all new uniforms, but we are trying to see if we can at least find a way to get them some new matching helmets. It isn't much to get them, but thought I'd ask since I know there are some business owners and we can do a little plugging on our Facebook page and with our families. Any little bit helps.

Please for the love of God tell me you are buying no more than 7 helmets...
We had a huge fight with a travel softball club about this.

I can see 3 on base, batter and on deck, next man up in dugout and a spare.
Every kid having their own is stupid.

We had 4 when I was coming up...on deck man didnt get one.

I never had a helmet of my own when I played peewee ball. Corbin just played and every kid on the team had a helmet, a couple bats, and a nice bag to put all their stuff in. All that gear must have helped, we got 2nd in the losers bracket (which equates to 11th I think :-D)

Stupid how much some people spend on 8 year olds to play baseball.

The kids this year have all the goodies. We shared bats and helmets when I played ball. Today, my girls and their teammates had to have their own bats, helmets, face guards, bags, etc.

It was super expensive and I feel for parents who have to buy this gear every year. It’s super frustrating. I made my girls share stuff for the first little bit until they figured out how much they liked softball.

sorry I don’t have any valuable input aside from having empathy for the parents.

I’d say find someone to hydro wrap the helmets all the same color. I’m sure it’s cheaper than a new helmet.

Well, we all have our own helmets. They are only $20 each from where we are getting them and we only have 11 on the team. It's just easier when we practice or whatever. A lot of the kids practice outside of our practice so they'd need a helmet anyway. We have a cage at our house, so my sons always wear a helmet.

One of the reasons we came to the new organization is that it is a ton cheaper than the old one. The last one just took our money and gave us nothing and never told us where our money went. There are so many organizations that are in it for the money.

The kids this year have all the goodies. We shared bats and helmets when I played ball. Today, my girls and their teammates had to have their own bats, helmets, face guards, bags, etc.

It was super expensive and I feel for parents who have to buy this gear every year. It’s super frustrating. I made my girls share stuff for the first little bit until they figured out how much they liked softball.

sorry I don’t have any valuable input aside from having empathy for the parents.

I’d say find someone to hydro wrap the helmets all the same color. I’m sure it’s cheaper than a new helmet.

SAME HERE.

One thing we did to offset up front costs of a team we built was to sell logo space on a team banner that we'd hang on the dug out. It helped a lot initially.

SAME HERE.

One thing we did to offset up front costs of a team we built was to sell logo space on a team banner that we'd hang on the dug out. It helped a lot initially.
Yeah, kind of what I was getting at with this post. We'd love to do that. We did that on my older son's team a few seasons back.

Back