Buying a business/property

awheelterd

Without it being public knowledge. Got a few things I'm interested in, but not interested in anyone else knowing about. How do I hide? Trust, llc, both?

If it's under a llc and registered to the llc I could find the owner within ten minutes via gis and the secretary of state's website. Trust will likely be better. I'm not an attorney, though, so consult with yours.

If it's under a llc and registered to the llc I could find the owner within ten minutes via gis and the secretary of state's website. Trust will likely be better. I'm not an attorney, though, so consult with yours.
That I know, hence the question. Ha

You need a good attorney.
Cascading shells make good veils

That's right, wear them out before they get to the end of the list when they start looking stuff up.

You need a good attorney.
I knew you'd show up with this reply. Care to elaborate? I'm nowhere near talk to a lawyer stage. I'm just trying to figure out how it would work first. Like @EugeneTheTJ said, sec of state website shows a lot. How can I make it not show?

To extrapolate a bit. This is not a question for a specific situation, but several. I know of a few local properties that have been owned by the same families for many generations (150+ yrs). Current generation is proud of that lineage, but unsure of later generations intentions. I'm trying to figure out how to purchase property from someone and make it look like they still own it, but have just transfered it to xyz trust, llc, corp... And also there is a small business that I caught wind of that might be for sale that I want to own, but don't want anyone to know I own. And no, it's not a whore house :lol:

This is basically trying to get my ducks in a row in case an opportunity presents itself.

If you get an LLC then it’ll show up on the North Carolina Secretary of State website under the business name, owners name, or anyone else you designate as someone in charge. You could create an anonymous trust and designate the trust as a member of your LLC.

Get the Canadians to buy it for you.

With enough money anyone can find out anything, but a trust is the answer. None of these sosnc searching newbs or their attys could figure out who owned it as long as you didn't use a small town bank or lawyer to do it all.

What kind of property is it and what do you plan on doing with it?
Farmland/woodland. Let it be. I am a big fan of conservation easements. I know they make terrible financial sense but like the saying goes, I'm old enough to know better but too young to care.

Cascading LLCs, possibly including out of state ones.

Back