Camper/Trailer

3DCrawler

Does anyone know or seen a camper/open trailer. Im not talking about the enclose type i looking for something along the lines of a small camper and a open trailer on the back. If there is no such beast then I'll just have a build one :D

Theres a trailer place near my house that has that exact trailor. The flatbed on the back looks too small to carry anything but a couple of motorcycles but they might have bigger models. I always wanted to get a gooseneck and mount a small pop-up camper either right up front or over top of the hitch.

Larry Smith of this board did that exact thing. Awesome set up! The man travels in style and comfort

FourWheeler magazine did a feature on the Fleetwood Scorpion II in the July 2006 issue.

The Scorpion II is in the top-right.

SC_large.jpg

63cj5universal said:
I have seen a school bus with the rear chopped off and the remainder was used to create a camper. Sorry no pics.

Like this? :huggy: With air brakes and a good diesel it would still be mine.

bus.jpg

Attachments

• camper-trailer1.jpg
    camper-trailer1.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 431

Attachments

• camper-trailer2.jpg
    camper-trailer2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 468

Attachments

• camper-trailer3.jpg
    camper-trailer3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 420
  • camper-trailer4.jpg
    camper-trailer4.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 384
  • camper-trailer5.jpg
    camper-trailer5.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 391
wish Larry would post a pic of his. His is I think a 24' goosneck with a slide in camper on the back. The part that goes over the cab of a truck is sitting on his Gooseneck. Plenty or room behind it to pull his toyota up on.

Attachments

• Stappin'Cabin-II.JPG
    Stappin'Cabin-II.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 412
upnover said:
wish Larry would post a pic of his. His is I think a 24' goosneck with a slide in camper on the back. The part that goes over the cab of a truck is sitting on his Gooseneck. Plenty or room behind it to pull his toyota up on.

that is exaclty what I plan to do with my bed camper...
if i can not find a decent 24 foot gooseneck this winter I am gonna build one next year

Here's a pic of my truck when the previous owner had it, pulling his cool camper/trailer.

awww.triadfoundry.com_richards_pictures_camper_CTD_Crew01.JPG

As soon as we get moved (at which time I'll hopefully have time and money again), I plan to get a gooseneck and build the same type of thing using the slide-in I got from lomodyj (Galen):

awww.triadfoundry.com_richards_pictures_camper_camper003.jpg

Do the campgrounds yall stay at have a big enough site to park those rigs?

not like you have a choice to stay in a 'small' camp gound if they can't fit RVs they likly can't fit the toter trailers..

And worst case, ill be a wally camper... :)

Hey Great pics folks, Talked to Fleetwood today to see if they offer anything in something XXL for the big toys. Said they cut the 2 smaller versions for 2007 and just arent planning on making anything bigger. Told him that they are missing out on some revenue not making anything for the big kids:) . Called a camper dealer Bumgarner Camping Center here in Hudson and they have a nice pop-up cloth sides thats 8ft long and 70ins. wide with stove, small sink and fresh water tank, add on roof mount A/C with a heat strip built in for a shade over $4500. Think ill wait for a nice used on to come around but thanks for all the info.

Priced one of those popup/trailer combos...they START in the 20k PLUS range....

So yeah, you can get that OR you can get a truck, 5th wheel trailer, truck/camper AND a trail rig if you spend your cash right!!!

John Barclay also has a cool setup, in a pickup with flatbed on back (setup as tow truck service deal), and puts his CJ on the bed and pulls a popup behind him.

Sam...pulls a mean camper, but rides with others at the moment...Hinton

Rich said:
Like this? :huggy: With air brakes and a good diesel it would still be mine.
bus.jpg

Was it just the diesel and brakes you didn't like? I keep seeing diesel activity buses going for 2-3k. The activity buses are geared to run 70mph. Figure I could cut less off then this one and leave myself with plenty of room to sleep 4, haul one on the back, and add a trailer to haul a second.

It was the LACK of a diesel (Ford Industrial 366 gasser) and the hydraulic brakes that made me not keep it. If not for that, I loved it, and you couldn't have gotten more looks driving a Lamborghini.

Back