campground recommendation for pigeon forge/gatlinburg??

flatblackzj

does anyone have any experience as far a good campground in the pigeon forge or gatlinburg area? also if you know of places to stay clear of...
thanks in advance...

I believe there are primitive campgrounds if you go straight where the turn for ober gatlinburg is, We just went up into the national forest and pulled off the curb pitched a few tents then walked down to mainstreet :beer: But that was also when i was like 19 or so... Never had any problems with forest service either but that was almost 10 yrs ago could be more strict now!

We've stayed at Eagles Nest one time. It's in Pigeon Forge. Was a good experience. I would go back.

does anyone have any experience as far a good campground in the pigeon forge or gatlinburg area? also if you know of places to stay clear of...
thanks in advance...
THEY HAVE A GREAT K.O.A . SITE , CHECK THE WEB SITE . I RENTED A CABIN THERE SEVERAL YEARS AGO , IT WAS THE CABIN AT THE VERY END OF THE GROUNDS . THERE IS A CREEK THAT RUNS RIGHT NEXT TO IT . THEY RENT TUBES FOR TUBING IN THE CREEK . THERE IS AN INDOOR POOLE AND SHOWERS TOO . I SPENT A WEEK THERE . LOVED IT . THE CABIN HAS ONE LARGE BED AND I THINK IT WAS 2 BUNK BEDS .

check out http://gocampinginthesmokies.com

You can google search it and find more photos, this was a campground that family trips were taken too when I was a kid. Recently was in Gatlinburg and wanted to check it out to see if it was the same, I am also planning a trip there. It looked nice, was hoping it was run by an old couple but it was a young. Decent rates, some sites are on a small stream, and has trolly access.

Back