camping at uwharrie??

silver

looking to take the family camping and never been to uwharrie. Is the camping in the campgrounds nice? It will be me, my wife, 9 yr old daughter. Will I have to put up with a lot of drunks and BS? Is there fishing around there?? canoeing? paddleboats?

Can you drive your vehicle all the way in to the campsite? Are there ATV trails close by any of the campgrounds?

thanks

Arrowhead campground is nice, complete with bathhouse. I dont even think alcohol is allowed, its pretty low key there. Its near Badin Lake, probably a little more than you jmihgt want ot walk. Canoeing and paddleboats..sure, BYOBoat, no rentals or anything.
You can drive your legally registered vehicle all the way there, but its a forest service road, no ATVs or unregistered buggys, etc. The ORV trails are a few miles away.

There is the Art Lily campground, I havent camped there yet. It is on the ORV trails, and you can drive a standard 2wd vehilce to it. Pretty sure its just primitive camping there, non hookups.

i will check out the website. Primitive camping is fine. But do you know if theres any bath houses nearby? Or they have grilles or anything out there?

Looking for somewhere at least near water to take the little girl fishing.

I would do arrowhead then they have tent not electric sites and electric sites. It backs right up to the water so very short walk to take her fishing. And a huge bath house with bathrooms and showers so everyone stays happy.

I would do arrowhead then they have tent not electric sites and electric sites. It backs right up to the water so very short walk to take her fishing. And a huge bath house with bathrooms and showers so everyone stays happy.

x2 the walk to the water from arrowhead isn't bad at all. Plus they already have grills and picnic tables at each of the sites, and power if wanted

Arrowhead is a very good camp ground. But b 4 u go straight there I would recommed checking out the other camp ground. I'm pretty sure it's called baden lake camp ground. Not far from arrowhead. I think several sites r right on the water. There is a park near by with swimming area paved walking trail and swing set. I think there is a pier u can fish off round back on the walking trails.

Arrowhead is a very good camp ground. But b 4 u go straight there I would recommed checking out the other camp ground. I'm pretty sure it's called baden lake camp ground. Not far from arrowhead. I think several sites r right on the water. There is a park near by with swimming area paved walking trail and swing set. I think there is a pier u can fish off round back on the walking trails.
Are you referring to Kings Mountain Point in URE?

there are campsites directly on the OHV Trails... what is the story on them? get a few day passes and they are yours? or do you specifically need to talk to someone about reserving or paying for them?

Back