car deer whistle thingies

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Ok so for the 2nd time I just came within about 6" of destroying a deer and my car. Had I been in the 4Runner I never would have stopped in time, Bye-Bye deer, hello messy winch bumper.

They are all over this base esp at night.
Do those cheap $5 little deer whistle things, that you mount on your bumper to allegedly scare away deer actually work?
I know it's always hard to prove that Product X makes Effect Y never happen...

OK lets just make this a poll

Have you ever hit a deer when using the deer whistle thingababobbers?

That's pretty much the only way to know if they work.

they've been proven 100% ineffective. I'll try and find the article about it.

Attach a live 30-06 round to the bumper and I'll bet you never see a deer again. Those little bastards seem to always know how to avoid a bullet.

I believe they actually call deer...
I actually hit 3 deer in a 2 month period after installingg these things years ago,

Add a turbo to your vehicle.. When driving the dodge, every time I saw one I'd speed up.. as soon as the turbo spooled, they hauled ass. :(

Get one of these installed:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lUnG4uZPTo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6lUnG4uZPTo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kinda like the fishing lure and packaging that sells to fisherman.

At the GF's house deer dodging is a daily or every other day event. I saw 4 sat and 3 sun all within 25 yds of a road. Iam going to LOVE huntin there this fall.

he had to have been drunk as shit, or just plain cant handle that "highhorsepower" beast he had there lol......okay so who's gettin em on their trailrig.....notice what coast they were on right

awww.handpickedtrucks.com_images_ranch_hand_deer_just_love_to_play_in_traffic.jpg

I hit the rear of a roll back on I85 this past weekend...slammed the ranch hand right into the wheel lift on the thing at about 15 mph....glad I didn't opt to put the sport bumper on it like I had planned.

ummm... yeah.... that'll work great on my DD Mazda Proetege5.
Prob weighs as much as the whole car.
Yea, but it would look SOOOOO cool!!!

Back