Carburetor

thebluyak

So I get my jeep back today and the guy says its running so bad cause of the carb. Since carbs are so unusual he doesnt know to work on them. I take it to an older shop and talk to them he looks at it and says I cant help you with them carbs. Also says a new one will be a few hundred dollars (which I dont have). And couldnt even refer me to anyone who could, what in the world can I possibly do?? I cant afford to get a new one and ive had the worst month possibly alive and im just venting on here. I got a speeding ticket, I wrecked my civic and now this.

Ryan

well if your truck can be done for a little, then my uncle has a carb factory that rebuilds them and does all mine for me CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. just PM me if you want me to send it off.......Is it for a toyota????? because I have another one here and a rebuild kit.

why not try and rebuild it yourself? might not solve the problem but in my opinion would be a good learning experience so you know how to work with one if you ever get into any other problems.

Well I talked to my dad and he said it doesnt sound to bad beyond repair. We have good ties with this mechanic that rebuilt the carb from our old chevy truck with the big block. So we are goin to see what we can do about it. I was able to drive it long enough to flex it out and make sure the fenders clear the tires. Tucks beautiful not even a little rubbing, almost gives u that warm fuzzy feeling

Ryan

Not related to the carb prob, but there are people here who might be able to help w/ that speeding ticket... ;) ;)

I have a 600 holley that needs work, where does your uncle have his shop. I have a chevy 350 in my FJ40 that does not run going up Dutch John at URE, I do not want to attempt Daniel until I fix the carb.

Back