Carolina Axle and 4x4 aka Jody Treadway

sammi_davis

Sawzall Surgeon
Over the last six months I had decided to have my LJ re geared with a JK gearset , and yes you read that correctly I wanted JK gears . I checked with a few vendors on here about it and while they were all nice to deal with Jody at Carolina Axle and 4x4 seemed genuinely excited to do this fairly uncommon install on my LJ and he didnt seem to think I was nuts which was a plus !

On Jan 3rd I dropped off my Jeep in Fletcher at Jody's shop with the intentions of driving it home on Sunday . My old friend Murphy had a different idea and Jody got to keep the Jeep for the week . This was no fault of his , more mine for wanting something that wasnt the norm but he still took care of it. Even with the hangups Jody still tried to get it ready in time but he was stuck waiting on specialty parts that wouldnt make it to Asheville until Tuesday so off I went while the Jeep hung out in Jodys shop .

It was a long week waiting for the final call but Jody called me on Thursday and told me that I could pick up my Jeep on Friday the 10th . I dropped the rental car off at the airport and Jody came and picked me up in my newly regeared Jeep . There is no noise from the gears , and in fact one of the noises that was bugging me is now gone . Best of all I have stronger ring and pinions in my same housings for just a little more money than a stock re gear . The drivability is back to what it was when I bought it and I can use second gear to start in again .

Throughout the entire process Jody took the time to keep me aware of what was going on and how he was taking care of the different issues . This is the first time someone other than myself has worked on my Jeep and it went much better and smoother than I thought it could have .

Last edited:
That's why he is "THE MAN"!!

I agree, he's a pretty cool dude.

Back