carolina rock shop

Bobby D.

I'm new here and I just wanted to give some good feedback to www.carolinarockshop.com
I was rear ended in Charlotte last Friday on my way to pick up a new PSC steering gear for my tj. I called Andy to let him know that I was going to be late for our appointment. Once I told him that I was in a wreck and a little stiff from the impact he asked if I needed him to come get me/my rig, before I could even tell him that I was just going to be a little late. Other off-road mechanics whom will remain nameless would have wanted to charge me out the A$$ to help.

:beer: Thanks Andy and ?Chris?(Sorry big guy I'm terrible with names) at Carolina Rock Shop... :beer:

ummmm!!!!

Ok so what happened??? DID the guy come get you or something? that bad of a wreck? wierd how crazy stuff happens to people. Finish the story. Interesting post.

KRAWLER :smokin:

Sorry Didn't want to bore ya'll with details...

Naw the jeep and I are fine. I/we didn't need to be "recovered" or any thing like that (both of us are drivable).

The rest of the story...

...charge me out the A$$ to help.

I have had to deal lower back problems that I am finally starting to get over after about 8 yrs. of hell! It scared the shit out of me when I got hit, because I heard and felt that familiar snap that is associated with the "discomfort" from my previous injury.

When I saw the front of the other guy's car folded up like a wad of paper I figured my rig was screwed. I hadn't seen the rear of my TJ because the EMT that rolled up said it wasn't a good idea for me to get out with my previous problems. So I'm kinda freaking out thinking, "here I am a hundred miles form home, no friends, no family, no support and my rig is screwed. So I call Andy to let him know that I'm going to be late and Andy offered to come pick up the jeep and take it to his house/shop and pick me up from the hospital if I needed it or what ever else I needed. I personally don't know many people that would offer this kind of help to some one, not knowing you from "Adams house cat".
Once the EMTs that rolled up with the meat wagon let me stretch my back back out in the back of the wagon I had popped my L7 S1 back to where they were supposed to be with a lout crack that scared the EMTs. They had me sign a refusal waver even though they did help me indirectly by letting me pop my spine back in line on their gurney.(thank god for that expensive physical therapy and ambulance gurneys)

So I finally get to check out my rig and to my surprise only a couple of very minor nicks and some new grey paint in my www.rockcrawlerracing.com bumper. Whew no major damage! I've had worse damage from rock rash on the trails.

The guy that was driving the other vehicle got a ticket for suspended license, Illegal movement, and a few other things. So I Guess if there was damage I probably would have been screwed. Now I know why he said,"Yo Man! I'll pay you what ever you need, if you don't call the cops. I'm glad I did now.

How's that DOUGHBOYDD2500HD? I hope it wasn't too boring. Sorry, I'm not a good story wrighter....

Glad to hear you are OK.
Andy helped me out as well yesterday. Told me where to go......J/K
Thanks Andy

Back