Carrier bearing puller what are you using

Jeff B

Thanos was right
What are you guys using to set up ring & pinions if you don't have set up bearings? I am wondering what works best for carrier bearing removal. Pics would be nice thanks

As long as they aren't in bad shape, use your old bearings for set up bearings. Use a die grinder to ream out the center diameter.

Randy's Ring & Pinion Carrier bearing puller. Expensive ass tool but it works well.

You can use a clamshell type puller with a shop press.

If you have a good 3 jaw puller (such as a posi lock) that has slim hooks, it sometimes works. You could probably take a cheapo puller and grind the hooks down also.

Before you pull them, hit them with a penetrating fluid, makes life a little easier.

2nd that puller tool. You take a big risk of ruining your bearing with a clamshell puller. It only takes once to convince you that you shoulda bought the right tool in the first place. Been there.
BTW You can get the same tool that Randy's sells for $540 at Complete Offroad for $350.

setup bearings will be cheaper than ANY type of puller, and cheaper than ruining the real bearings, and will save you ALOT of time.

make some

Ya, I know about the set up bearings I am looking for different type of pullers that won't cost me $350
alot of times the original bearings get ruined during removal

of course setup bearings are just that, set up bearings, and when you put on your real bearings things will change, to get a good set up your going to need to be able to pull the bearings off with out damaging them at some point. i use the randy's type puller.

Back