caster angle on 86 nissan truck????

scat cat

I cant set caster angle on front IFS. I have removed all the shims but the wheels are still not sitting right. I cant get them straight. What do you adjust next.

I dont have the $$ to do solid axle swap yet. Trying to make this work for now.:confused:

Are you sure you mean caster? That is hard to see with the naked eye, unless its fubared.

If you mean camber because you cranked the bejeesus outta the t-bars, then you have gone too far, and without fabrication, there is no other way to fix it.

Do you mean this \_/ as you look at the front of the truck?

yes, you are correct. sorry. I ment camber. when I got the truck the T-bars were cranked way up. I brought them back down to where they look right, but not to sure. the right side is straight looks like this !-/ the left side wacked!! the height of the tires to fender are the same all the way around the truck.

you should be able to adjust the camber bolts on the upper control arm. where the UCA connects to the frame.

There is no camber adjustment bolt at the UCA. It looks like the UCA has been changed, my guess is they might have got the wrong part. that will be my next move. If I can find one I will change it.

There is no camber adjustment bolt at the UCA. It looks like the UCA has been changed, my guess is they might have got the wrong part. that will be my next move. If I can find one I will change it.

Your truck doesn't have camber adjustment bolts, it uses shims behind the control arms instead. Are all the BJs/trailing arm bushings and other suspension parts in good shape? If so you should be able to add or remove shims to change your camber, once you do that you will have to adjust your tow, with the truck towed in it can also appear that the camber is off.

If you have aftermarket arms on the truck, your only solution is to replace them with stock-style arms. Aftermarket UCAs on 720s are longer than stock to account for the relative change in knuckle position when you crank the torsion bars up for more lift. When you dropped it back down the longer arms tip the top of the knuckle out.

Either crank it back up or swap to stock UCAs.

the truck was wrecked. The person that had it before me wrecked it and it appers the frame is not as straight as it once was. I adjusted the UCA with a cutoff wheel and a welder. Works perfect now:driver: They are stock UCA's.

Thanks for all the help

Back