CB Radio Repair

Jasper

Anyone know a good shop in central NC?

Will receive but will not transmit. Don't believe there is a problem with the mic, the SWR meter responds but not as it should.

It's not central nc but miller's electronics in lenoir/granite falls is excellent. He's tuned some big radios for me with great results. Knows his stuff

Thanks for the info. My work travel doesn't extend that far west but I will keep them in mind.

What's your set-up?
I have been know to work on cbs every now and then .... even managed to fix one er 2.

What kind of radio, antenna, coax, mobile or base etc, etc, etc ....

Matt

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A GOOD RADIO REPAIR SHOP IN CENTRAL NC? I've had the same antenna and cable for more than 10 years with no problems. I'll let the professional repair guy assess whether I have the best set-up. BUT THE RADIO NEEDS TO BE FIXED. Cobra 29 WX NW ST.

Last edited:
Just trying to help.
50% all cb problems are either a broken mic wire or bad coax. ( 10 years old, I'm betting on the coax in your case.)
45% is being hooked up wrong and blowing the reverse polarity protection diode.
The last 5% is discrete component failure .... caps, resistors, etc .... that render the cb junk.

The main problem is hourly charges to fix a cb will usually be more than the cost of a new one.

Matt

Oh I thought we were talking a high end radio. I'd just go buy another one. If it was a president or one of the high end units I could see having it repaired. My vote is with the others probably something simple.

Back