Cell Phone Service on East Coast

ncsutj

Im thinking about getting my dad a cell phone and was wondering about service providers in the Greenville/Little Washington area of NC. Which get service in that area? Thanks
Casey

My Alltel phone works great in the Greenville - Little Washington area. Once past there though (going east) the service drops off quick.

My brother & I have a place leased out on New Lake (near Bellhaven) and you are better off sending smoke signals than to rely on your cell phone out there.

<><Fish

As of a year or two ago (might have changed since then but not likely) Verizon had the best total coverage on the east coast. This is based on 3rd party propagation maps of the entire country. But...their customer service sucks. :uzi:

When I looked up Verizon last night it said they didnt cover that area so it must have changed.

My dad talked to some people down there and they had US Cellular. Anyone have experience with them?

I use alltel, and have done so for almost 7 years now..I have friends with US cellular and they don't complain too often about it.

majority of people i know here use US cellular, (my dad's had them since the '90's) if not then some others cingular, and sprint. NOT NEXTEL, while there is service in alot of areas now, there's always little "pockets" that are dead,, for instance my work and my house! in where in between and full signal, once stationary, nada...

I think we are considering alltel now. US Cellular had a lot of non coverage areas and had extra charges to places he would call.

So it seems alltel is pretty good down there.
Thanks for the input

Back