Charging Nitrogen shocks near Charlotte?

YellowjeepCj

I have a 4 link rear suspension with Sway-Away nitrogen shockes on the rear of my YJ. I recently added a spare tire carrier and a 38 inch swamper spare. I now need to recharge the shocks to adjust the ride height.

Does anyone know of anyone that can do this?

Tar Heel can't and others that use nitrogen to fill tires cannot provide the high pressures. I think it will need between 200 and 500 PSI charge.

I have found that tractor places can do it. They use the nitrogen it some codensors they run.

Clover industrial Supply (I think thats the name) on 55 will do it...or at least used to.

Flint I talked to Zuber today. He said he still has the equipment to do it if you can't find anyone more local to Clover.

Thanks Jeff I will call Andy.

john page raceing in rock hill he done mine cheaper than anyone else could

I picked up a Nitrogen tank today at National Welders Supply but they did not have a regulator that would provide anymore than 125 PSI delivery pressure. Anyone know the manufacturer and model number of a regulator that will yield at least 500 PSI on the delivery side?

Got a Victor regulator 0-500 psi from National Welders, had NAPA make a 5800 psi hose with fittings. Lifted the Jeep with a back hoe and charged the shocks to 325 psi. The air chucks are the weak link anything over 300 psi destroys them. I ruined 3 of them before I got the shocks charged and Jeep leveled. I will be looking for a high pressure chuck.

I would suggest the screw-on chuck setup similar to the one Poly Performance sells. It makes filling super easy and fine-tuning is a snap. Its a little pricey, though. I'm sure you could get it cheaper somewhere else.

I was using the screw on types. These were rated at 175 psi.

I need to find one rated for 300+ psi. If I can.

Back