cheap camper

bignick

Fastest fat guy on two wheels....
looking for somewhere/someone who has a slide in camper for my f-350. no luck finding any online. looking for a cheap one to just camp in when me and my boy go wheeling.

Might try RVtrader.com

A Four Wheel Camper might be a good solution for you. They're made to stand up to wheeling better than many other models. Their site: www.fourwheelcampers.com. I found an old '83 fleet model that fits my stock 07 tacoma in Nashville for $700. Needed work, but including the camper I've probably spent around $1300. And other than (major) patching of the popup canvas, recaulking the roof and other relatively minor repairs I've also now got a wave3 catalytic heater installed and mounted as well as a 100watt solar panel mounted on the roof keeping my battery always charged.

They make these things with aluminum framing so they hold up better to rough roads or lack of roads. Although the older models like mine are framed out of 3/4 inch plywood from the floor to the height of your truck bed rails, and from there it is aluminum. Another thing is that larger models from back in the day (old) are sized to fit old trucks with lower bed rails and a wider bed. Some adjustments to either truck or camper may need to be made to make those work. But because of that those models are particularly cheap. I've seen them on craigslist for as little as $100. And of course you won't find many on this side of the Mississippi. But going on a road trip to get one can be a fun trip. I found mine through multi-craigslist searching sites like allofcraigs.com and such.

I could probably score you one here local but it is a super old piece. I looked at it once. Couldn't talk the wife into it. Wanted like 500 for it.

Is that the cheap you want?

I also have a popup I'd entertain offers on. 76 Jayco 16ft. Completely restored inside/out and ready to go. Call for details ~$1700 7049179706

Looking to upgrade to an airstream.

are you still looking? think my dad or uncle may have a slide in. its older...

I know someone wanting a smaller pop up camper. Needs to be the one with an 8' box. It's going on the front of a gooseneck trailer
If that's what either of you have let me know
Thanks

Back