Chevy 1500 Door light/beep problem

Akuma

My dads 97 Chevy 1500 has a problem where the little beep that tells when you leave your keys in the ignition never turns off. And the lights that turn when the door opens blink on and off even after the door is closed. Does anyone have any idea what this problem could be?

Thanks

Thats more than likely a bad or poorly adjusted door jambe switch which is mounted on the body/cab somewhere around the door hinges. They should sell it at any autoparts store.

Shouldn't take more than 5min to install a new one.

-Tim

Either a manual switch at the door or a "door sensor" built into the latch itself. I had something similar on my Ford Excursion, cost $20 at the dealer.

If you do not have a 'button' you can push with your finger the the door hinge area, then chances are it is built into the latch itself. You will have to take the door panel off, etc to get in there and replace it.

Sam

My 95 is similer dash style. There will be a small plastic button thing visable when the door is open. You can easily pop it out and remove the 1 wire that is attached to it... It is also possible that you have a shorted wire (to ground) that activates the light and buzzer...

Mine is just opposite, the door lights DONT come on unless i wiggle the button, i priced them at the parts store ~$5 each...

Back