Chinese chainsaw, how will it perform?

89wrangler

Not a new member
I can already hear the comments, but I cannot justify $1800+ for a new big name brand saw. Since Helene has left me with 60+ trees down and most of them BIG oaks, I needed to get something to cut them with. My old 26 year old 18" Poulan is a great dependable saw, but just too small for what I am dealing with. I started looking for a Stihl, but was hit with sticker shock! Not sure what i was expecting, but damn. So this lead to the search of a more reasonable priced saw.

In comes the Neotech 892 with a 28" bar. This is a 92cc Stihl 660 knock off. I guess the patents have ran out and the market is open. All the Stihl parts interchange with the NT(Neotech). On top of that, all the parts for the saw are readily available from NT website and cost are uber reasonable, actually really inexpensive. (trying to avoid the word cheap..lol). I picked this up along with 3 extra chains, to my door for $406.00. "Most" website reviews have been really favorable for this brand, especially if you are mechanically inclined as there are a few tweaks and upgrades that can be done to make it better
Initial thoughts. Came well packaged, not fully assembled. No assembly instructions. I figured this part out, but would have been nice if there would have been an assembly drawing at least. Removed chain tensioner and added grease as per some reviews. Put on bar and chain. Nice looking saw! A lot heavier than I am used to of course. Added gas and oil, 4 pulls later it fired, 5th pull it started. Idled and ran good right out of the box. Going to put it to its first test this weekend and will report back. Will also add a couple of pics.

This is some of what I am dealing with..
tree1.jpg

tree2.jpg

tree3.jpg

tree5.jpg

I wouldn't hesitate at all to buy something like that for an immediate need. It might not last years and years and age and sitting might be harder in it than the Stihl, but it should do what you need it to do now.

33$ off temu and it freaking rips. For how long? Not sure. Funny half the parts have the husqvarna logo

Attachments

• IMG_8071.jpeg
    IMG_8071.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 42
I have one of the Farmertec copies of the same saw. I bought it 3 or 4 years ago and it's still ticking along. It will wear you out in a hurry though since it's so heavy. No complaints here for what I paid for it.

I have a MS 460 and it cuts anything I want. I have been looking at the Holzforma 660 knock of as a milling saw. @braxton357 tubing? as in fuel line? @89wrangler let us know how it does.

There was a giant ass knockoff chainsaw that got pretty good reviews on Amazon at one time. I think it was a Holzfforma or something like that. Had a huge bar on it too. I saw a YouTube video of a guy reviewing one. It did pretty well. It was 90 or 100 something cc. I can’t remember. It’s been a while.

Back