Christmas Cookies

jcramsey

I’m not a huge dessert person, but I do like good homemade cookies. What’s everybody making this time of year?

My wife made some ginger cookies the other day and they are some of my favorites.

14A3B8A3-91E2-4FDA-B024-F9A99A522640.jpeg

I spied some quik oats in a grocery bag yesterday. I'll bet within the next few days we have some delicious no bake cookies to munch on. I'll snag a pic and post up when it happens!

Can't go wrong with no bakes! Only question is...will they be peanut butter or chocolate?

Tasty chocolate coconut cookie bars....
Graham cracker crust with brown sugar & butter pressed in pan. Then sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut mixture, cook for a while. Add layer of chocolate chips, cook for one more minute.
My 12yr old daughter just made these for her softball team Christmas party, they were quite the hit. I can't find the exact recipe online, wife just dictated it to me.

We made two batches of peppermint chocolate pretzels and 6# of bourbon pecans yesterday. Here's the pecans and the second batch of pretzels, first was already put up. Wally the Betta fish approves.

20181216_231415.jpg

I also bought quick oats, so there's definitely a batch of chocolate oatmeal (no bake) cookies in our near future.

It's basically just fudge. There are no eggs. You melt butter and sugar in a pot with cocoa powder and evaporated or condensed milk. Once it boils, you take it off the heat and add oats and peanut butter, then drop spoonfuls on parchment paper to cool.

That's from memory, I'm sure I'm leaving a couple things out. I'll find the recipe and share later.

Not really a cookie person...get a hankering for a batch of chocolate chip once or twice a year. But my mom does make this round pretzel/chocolate/m&m thing every year...that I easily eat a pound of before dinner.

You need to be understanding....and start trusting the no bake. You'll thank me

There’s no way to beat the classic chocolate chip cookie. Sure other options are great but I still have a hard time trusting “no bake” cookies.

It seems like the comparable to turkey bacon. Sounds like a good idea but no way is it the real thing.

There’s no way to beat the classic chocolate chip cookie. Sure other options are great but I still have a hard time trusting “no bake” cookies.

It seems like the comparable to turkey bacon. Sounds like a good idea but no way is it the real thing.
Definitely not comparable to Turkey bacon..that's a bad analogy.

More like ...bacon and brown sugar bacon.
Most definitely the real thing...just it's own kind of real thing.

I've been eating these oatmeal cranburry white chocolate cookies this week....I also hear some pecan pie cookie will be arriving this weekend. You can't not mention an Oreo ball (it used to be a cookie :D)

IMG_4765.JPG

Recipes:

IMG_4766.JPG
IMG_4767.JPG

Back