CJ 7 radio wiring

southern4x4

I am just looking to see if anyone has a decent wiring diagram for the radio of a CJ 7. I dont want to go get a Chilton or Haynes (big reason because haynes diagrams are crap). Anyways, if someone has one they don't mind posting or sending my a link to I would appreciate it. I am trying to wire a new pioneer DEH-P3500 tonight or tomorrow. gotta hit the road thursday for 4.5 hours and am tired of that drive without music. any help is appreciated

I woulndn't mess with the factory wiring.
Run to the fusebox if you have one. Theere will only be 2 power wires (constant and switching) and a ground to get it working, then attach the speaker wires.

I agree, unless you have done some kind of upgrade on the wireing, I would just hard wire it. Old Jeep wireing was never ment to power anything with a good out put. I would even go as far to say shoot your constant out the firewall to the battery and find a port on the fuse block that is switched for power. For the ground any place under the dash that is metal is good. Personally I make my grounds as short as possible ( :confused: I can't rember why, or who told me that though) I guess all I'm saying is if it's just something to listen to then go ahead and try to use the stock wireing. If you want it to be in there for a while and really crank it up, wire it up right and forget about it.
James

Back