Cleaning under hood & underneath

rbo1577186

Anyone got any good tips to get under the hood clean again?? Call me a pansy but I don't wheel that much, so when I do I clean up very well when I'm done. Somethings I discovered.... I tried everything to clean under the hood but when it dried there were still dried mud spots ( I also hit it with a pressure washer). I hit some of the plastic and wires with Armor All tire foam and wow... It came very clean and has remained clean for 3 months or so. The frame I nailed with a pressure washer + detergent and still had dried up mud stains. I was wearing some mechanics gloves (which now have a permanent coat of oil on them) and the place where I was holding onto the frame came clean. I rubbed my gloves over a small area and it came really clean and has been for 3 weeks now. I just wondered if anyone had some tips.

Spray cooking oil works very well also. Just use dish detergent when you wash the vehicle. Just remember, if you wash with dish detergent, it's going to take the wax off, so you'll need to re-wax.

Back