CNC Tube Notcher from BurnTables

BurnTables

Attaches to any BurnTable CNC Plasma Table. Allows the use of table with out interfering with most flat plate cutting. It is installed in a way that it allows the use of the length of the table. (On a 5x10 table, you can chuck up a 10' long piece of tube and cut the notch the end!)

3 jaw Self-Centering Chucks; Diameter: 6 (Inch); Jaw Type: Two Piece Hardened Reversible Jaws; Thru Hole Size: 1.570.

$2,500.00

Last edited:
The through bore of the chuck is 1.570?? I assume that in order to notch longer pieces of tube you'd have the end go through and out the back of the chuck? I may be reading that wrong but if that is true it might be a problem for the 4wd world as we mostly seem to use 1.75 tube. I'm in the market for a plasma machine and would love to be able to eventually expand to this feature but I'd need to be able to do larger tube.

It would need to be supported if sticking out more than a few feet past the chuck, no way you could notch the end of a 1.75" tube 8' away from the chuck without the tube being supported. Building something like this (below) to support longer tubes would be cheaper than having the larger chuck, BUT it would only allow you to notch short sections of tubing.

aencrypted_tbn2_google_com_images_b9f28b0da851024eddb3fc6e4f9589e0._.jpg

If I buy a 4x4 table I'd be limited to notching a 4' piece of tube even if I used a steady rest like you posted. If the tube could pass through the chuck I could notch any length I wanted. just support the back end of the tube on a roller stand or something.

Back