concrete cost

userbmx1315

builds more then wheels
looking at laying some concrete to add a carport/garage on,
its going to be 19x22 pad.

i'm not sure what its going to cost to do it and how thick to lay it.

i was thinking of adding "crush and run" as a first layer then concrete on it,

i was told that the crush n run was 350 for 16ton? sounds like alot of gravel.

pretty much i wanna know what its going to cost to get concrete,

and somewere around that is cheap

i can tell you up here in ny state were i am now till i move south. i can get 10 ton of #2 on a friends dump truck drive it my self for around 150 bucks. i just give him 20 bucks gas money for the truck on the weekend its not running.

so 16 ton delivered for 350 dont sound to bad. but i dont know what you got for stone down there and trucking costs.

dont forget to get the stone hydro packed with one of those vibro stampers.

looking at laying some concrete to add a carport/garage on,
its going to be 19x22 pad.
i'm not sure what its going to cost to do it and how thick to lay it.
i was thinking of adding "crush and run" as a first layer then concrete on it,
i was told that the crush n run was 350 for 16ton? sounds like alot of gravel.
pretty much i wanna know what its going to cost to get concrete,
and somewere around that is cheap

around 125 a yard. to do a 19 x 22 I think code is a min of 4" thick ,youd prob need about 5 to 5 1/2 yards

If you want a garage, you'll need a turndown slab. If its just a carport,a flat slab will be fine.

Yep, just a little over 5.5 yards with exactly 19x22 and exactly 4" thick and 10% waste. Order 6 yards :)

Stone or sand is fine as a base. Make sure its packed if its sand. Do a 6mil vapor barrier if you plan to enclose it later on

stone is cheap. trucking stone is the $$$ part. Call around, there are some options out there and many decent prices with stone if you look around.

Figure about 125 per yard since you don't order a lot of it on a regular basis, maybe $130. You need to figure who is going to do the work too. Don't forget the WWF 8x8-#10 should be fine for a garage.

(L x W x D) / 27 = yds

and like rock city said always give yourself at least 10% waste. for some odd reason you always have too little or too much and you dont wanna pay the charges they tack on for a 1 yd load. When I used to finish concrete I d always add 1/2 yard for every 5 yards.

I had Parkway Concrete pour my footings. They have a mobile mixing truck and mix on site so there is no waste. Also, they were about $90/yd, so they were cheaper too.
http://www.parkwayconcrete.com/

Back