Copper Crawler buggy build

mcutler

Well, I'm sure you all know we are never satisfied with our rigs. I just finished this yj in may with its inaugural run at the spring flats open.
mtnci
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_mtncity1.jpg

I intend to strip this unit down after the fall flats open, using the drivetrain and powertrain from my yj. Once i finish my bendtech file i will post a drawing of the tube chassis, and pics beginning with the teardown.
This is the current specs of parts from yj to be reused; along with a list of parts already acquired for the new buggy.
'95 lt-1, th350/art carr rev-man and gate shifter, atlas 3.8, dom shafts, mud-pro trussed 14 bolt-locked-5.13-discs-line locks, chev d60- trussed locked-chromos-ctms-slugs, psc dbl ram system, 42" tsl's-bdlocked, powerwelder, viair, rci cell, alum radiator.
and a few things already on order;
ORI's-16"----thanks brandon/RIDES!:bounce2:
200' DOM----thanks for the tip jims garage
brainstorming with talented builder- firetoy
2- sheets of copper; :tongue:- hey i'm a junkman by trade
multiple sheets of necessary metals, fasteners
I also fully intend to use as many of our board vendors as possible to keep our posse strong.
And one of the great side effects of new build; new tools!!!
36" box brake, dimple dies, bead roller w/louver die, more to come I'm sure:beer:
can hardly even wait to begin!!!

Im glad you are building yours first, cause hopefully my labor will negotiate the use of some of the cool tools!

You should scan those drawings and post them up matt.

1st ruff idea

here ya go jeepn jay; keep n mind this was my first idea on paper; definetly gonna do the charger grill/headlites/hood; narrowed of course. i know:gay:; car on trucks' redneck, but my ex-wife got my charger-still payn for it of course:fuck-you: and i cant afford to pay for one for myself
ai1222.photobucket.com_albums_dd489_mcutler1_copper_20crawler_20buggy_coppercrawlerruffbp.jpg

the profile will have more layed back angle on a-pillar and a lower roof line and brow on front view. Along with a longer c -pillar. Shootn for a 110-113 wheel base; 22" belly pan with dropout access for t-case/trans. There will b a learning curve on suspension but thats part of the fun!

oh yeah; reason for the "copper" in the name plate is I am a metals recycler and wanted something truly different. So, all the body panels,;beaded,louvered,raised panels; will all b done from natural sheet copper, and allowed to reach full patina naturally. idk, may be stupid, but once i put some rash on them and the brassy color shines back thru it will look totally different after every trip; PLUS when it is damaged beyond repair i can get almost $3 a pound for scrap, much more than aluminum or steel!

cool idea on the brass

Where is that your wheeling i don't recognize it, and where is Golden Mountain?

My bad guys!! Put 2 threads up real early this morn. Was thnkn of other pics from sale thread. Both pics here from golden mtn. First trail 4 second trail 32. My apologies.thanks for checking out my thread and keep me n check!

sent from HTC Droid on tapatalk

Back