Cotton Place/Daniel closed: Tree down

77GreenMachine

Phillip Talton
Had a stressful week and was dying to hit the trails and clear my head so against better judgment I hit the trails this evening in this crazy tropical storm. Was going to attempt to go up Daniel but there were two very big trees down across the road.
I took it as a sign from God that me and my buddy just didn't need to try it. Thought I'd post it here to let people know it's blocked. On my way back to the road after wheeling there was tape blocking the drive so it may be removed by mid morning.
Trails are very slick and quite fun.

Just got home from ure. the trees on the dirt road are now cut up and moved out off the way. BUT there is a 10in diameter or so tree laid across the trail on daniel after the second ledge before the switch back.

If not gone by next saturday i will add to the workday list.

If its still there on the workday the Daniel crew lead by me and Jason will clear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Fuck clearing it. We need to pull it back down to the first ledge and use it to block off the new bypass.

Fuck clearing it. We need to pull it back down to the first ledge and use it to block off the new bypass.

That was the way I had intended on doing it, and snappy Jason's dirt bike will be in use again :lol: we can discuss a game plan Saturday mornin.

I was out there Saturday and it was a lot of fun, we stayed away from Daniel. The log bridges on Dutch John got pretty torn up, cables snapped and logs twisted all around. We did our best to straighten them out but some new cables are definately needed.

it was still there at 5pm yesterday...we unloaded the bikes at the bottom of Daniel, watched a guy come out in a black 4runner. We got all our gear on and the truck locked up, jumped on the bikes and headed off. We came up to the tree down and spent a little while trying to find a route around it (there wasn't, even on a bike). I don't understand why the guy coming out wouldn't have said "hey man, the trail is blocked" , but he didn't so we wasted a good part of our time loading back up and going to the double MC parking lot. Thanks man, good looking out.

The forest service is very aware that it is there, (IF) they get it cut before saturday we will still use the pieces, If not it will be taken care of Saturday, it will become a bypass.

Hey shawn, up for more Daniel work my friend!!

The forest service is very aware that it is there, (IF) they get it cut before saturday we will still use the pieces, If not it will be taken care of Saturday, it will become a bypass.

Hey shawn, up for more Daniel work my friend!!

We've been talking about coming... but I'm having trouble working up to it. The fawking Jeep blew the front out of the muffler on Saturday, so I've got that to fix too.

We've been talking about coming... but I'm having trouble working up to it. The fawking Jeep blew the front out of the muffler on Saturday, so I've got that to fix too.

Custom exhaust:D Bet its loud or annoying, one or the other. Just cut it off and install a 5 inch chrome stack.

Shawn just leave it you know it adds like 50 hp, that 2.5 needs all the help it can get :flipoff2:

No, the worst part is that if you get the RPMs right, it develops a harmonic that vibrates the busted pieces of muffler. It's... amazing.

New muffler and tailpipe is in the mail. I will be happy to replace that single chamber POS.

No, the worst part is that if you get the RPMs right, it develops a harmonic that vibrates the busted pieces of muffler. It's... amazing.

New muffler and tailpipe is in the mail. I will be happy to replace that single chamber POS.

Dual chamber is where its at!
Bout damn time.

Got the exhaust in, but caught a damn cold... will see how I feel on Friday PM and decide whether or not we're coming down.

Get better better Shaun would like to see ya out there.

The tree was cleared away on Saturday! It was a big girl, right past the second ledge....I was also happy to see another bypass blockade put up....I watched it turn a couple ATV's around that were trying to come down Daniel.

The tree was cleared away on Saturday! It was a big girl, right past the second ledge....I was also happy to see another bypass blockade put up....I watched it turn a couple ATV's around that were trying to come down Daniel.

There were two groups that turned around while we were blocking off the bypass. We had to educate them a lil that you can't just go where ever you please.

I noticed; is there a new bypass on Daniel that cuts past the first ledge to the right? I should have taken a pic.

I didn't go up it but it was very obvious that others had.

That's the one we had reblocked off last work day. It needs guard rail put up but that will not happen until fall/winter.

Back