Crazy morning

hunterdan

My wife called me this morning on her way to work to say she saw a police chase a couple miles away. She said it was 3 sheriffs chasing a white SUV with lots of decals on the rear window.
3-4 minutes later I jumped in my truck and started backing out while hearing sirens. I figured it might be that the suspect had wrecked out by the Rd? Nope...next I hear gravel slinging on my driveway and here comes that SUV. I jumped.out of the truck with self defense item and took a spot behind my truck bed. The guy sees me and hangs a right...stops and bails heading into the woods and down to the creek. Three sheriffs roll up as he's bailing and I raised.my hand and pointed where he went. I also made sure they knew I had a tool. I scooted over to another vehicle and made sure my basement door to my kids room was locked and just watched the event.
I ended up with about 10 different sheriffs vehicles in the yard. They sent up a drone and brought in a Bloodhound. They didn't find the guy and after a few hrs they all left.
I asked them was he dangerous? They said yeah he cut up a fella last year and he always runs and fights.
They were cool guys and made a few remarks about my readiness. They thanked me for letting them know I was armed and also for having my son take a two year old into the house and watch over him til the mother got there. The fella just bailed leaving the kid. The mother had gotten a ride and was saying she accidentally left her methadone in the deputy's backseat. Wow...meth and fentanyl have taken a toll on the US.
They said they weren't sure if he was armed but he would stick most anyone if needed.
I had planned to do some excavator work up on the hill but I guess I'm standing guard.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240615-114431.png
    Screenshot_20240615-114431.png
    663.5 KB · Views: 67
So how likely is that he could still be around? Is there access for him to escape easily back to town? That's crazy but yep I'd be on guard too. I hope they let you know if/when they find him
It's possible. Supposedly he grew up about 1/2 mile from here and is a woodsman.
I'm outside of town about 10-15 minutes. He took off through the woods and it seems across the creek. Into a 50 acre parcel. They said they would give me a ring if and when he's found. They said he usually will steal a car not long after dumping one.I've got my vehicles and home locked up.
Side thought...if he cut someone up last year and is stealing cars and running why is he not in jail?

It's possible. Supposedly he grew up about 1/2 mile from here and is a woodsman.
I'm outside of town about 10-15 minutes. He took off through the woods and it seems across the creek. Into a 50 acre parcel. They said they would give me a ring if and when he's found. They said he usually will steal a car not long after dumping one.I've got my vehicles and home locked up.
Side thought...if he cut someone up last year and is stealing cars and running why is he not in jail?

why is he not in jail? there's your million dollar question.

Gotta love my wife.lol
She just found out about everything and she immediately says have you been popping off rounds? Let that dude know what's up!
Then she says let's do a property check when I get home. I bet he's in our barn loft or chicken coop...!
Definitely time for some mag dumps. Last time we had a trespasser we couldn't find, but suspected was hiding in our woods. My neighbor and I rung steel for an hour.

If you think he's in the chicken house, tape a target to the side. Ain't illegal to do some target practice...

Can’t lock him up til you catch him.
Shit they catch and release around here. Guy that stole stuff from me was caught 2 hours later with my stuff in tow still. They gave him a summons to show up to court. A sex offender with 6 felonies and enough stolen stuff from me and my neighbor to get another one. Been to court 3 times and everytime he's a no show...

Back