Crozet VA

Blacktoy

anybody know anything about this place? I read about it on pirate and it is closer than tellico. I guess it is private land. There are some pics on the VROC site and it looks like fun.

I'm looking at going, but gonna wait and see. I've got a REALLY booked summer so far with several wheeling trips and of course DISNEY !!!! But I might have to go up there and smack some folks around and see if I can't make some new friends. :D
Anybody else looking at going ?

JB

If you get 4 or 5 rigs together you can ride on the weekend. It's more like a comp. type course with lots of obstacles around a creek bed. It has some very difficult lines. It's worth going to, not much "trail riding" from what I saw.

Rockeater said:
I'm looking at going, but gonna wait and see. I've got a REALLY booked summer so far with several wheeling trips and of course DISNEY !!!! But I might have to go up there and smack some folks around and see if I can't make some new friends. :D
Anybody else looking at going ?

JB

Yep i'll be there :flipoff2: . Better PM Bennzo and see if there is a spot left, it is filling up fast. I think Rip is gonna be there as well

Franklin said:
Yep i'll be there :flipoff2: . Better PM Bennzo and see if there is a spot left, it is filling up fast. I think Rip is gonna be there as well

I talked to him yesterday on the Pirate BB, maybe that explains my mood yesterday. :p Thanks

JB

i'm gonna slide up there with Rip as well.

I happen to know one of the guys who started cutting the courses up there as well as one of the guys who knows chris. If anyone wants to organize a ride one weeked let me know and I'll get the ball rolling. Parking is as close as 10 ft to the first obstacle depending on where you park. No trail riding just constant off camber obstacles. definately expect broken parts and/or body damage. I think the owners usually charge 25 or so for 3 or 4 rigs for a weekend or so. If you go in cruddy weather like I did last time, the road getting in there can be the best part :D

I was there last VROC. I got an email today about the next VROC. If you go and volunteer to clean up trails on Sat. you can wheel Sun. and then you get a pass to come back free!!

If anyone is interested in Volunteering just email chris from the website. The dates for route clean up and testing are as follows:

July 16th and 17th
August 13th and 14th
September 17th and 18th
October 22nd and 23rd
VROC is on October 29th and 30th 2005!

I think this next VROC will be much better due to more planning. Help out! It is very fun, and you get an up close and personal look at the whole event!

JB, I am thinking of going and watching people wheel for the events and if anyone from this board wants to make their own runs I am game to go along and watch. Let me know so we can arrange a caravan. :D :) :driver:

How are you guys doing? I was directed here by someone (I forgot their name). The park is open for wheeling. We have about 30 trails not including the comp area stuff. We have trails rated Blue (Slight mods to vehicle recommended 31 or 32's) Black (33's and 1 locker recommended) and Red (Crazy stuff - cage required as well as 35's or larger with F/R lockers).

Lee - sorry I never responded to your e-mail. I must have not gotten them. I am usually very quick to respond.

You guys are welcome to give me a call (434-823-1852) or e-mail me at jeepnchris@xjsrule.com for more information for a run. We do have open weekends periodically and you can setup a trail ride with 5 or more rigs for most weekends. We do limit the number of rigs to 40/day. Cost is 25/day or 40/weekend and includes primitive camping, and a bon-fire.

Chris

I have no idea of the milage.

It generally takes 2 days for most Jeeps with 33's no lockers to do part of the blue trails (about 8 or so jeeps)

For blacks with 35's and lockers (again about 8 or so Jeeps) it will take all weekend to do half of the blacks

Reds - to do all the reds it would take a week or two to do all the combinations.

A well built buggy on the blue trails by itself - 3 hours
A well built buggy on blacks by itself - 3 hours

Hope this helps!

Chris

There is a part along a shallow creek, next to the parking lot. It is a huge area with nothing but rock and boulder everywhere. A huge garden. If you wanted you could set up hundreds of courses and just wheel out there for a fun time!

Back