Custom parts

my1979impala

i did a quick search and went through a few pages of threads but couldn’t find what I was after so.....

Does anyone know somewhere that I can get a custom gear made? I have an older nitro car that they no longer make parts for. There is a gear that connects the engine to the transmission that is made of plastic. I have stripped 3 or 4 of them and now I can’t find replacements. I’m thinking if I can get one made of aluminum or some other metal it won’t strip it out anymore. I was told that it’s supposed to do that to keep other parts from breaking but I can still buy the other parts, not the gear. I will try to get a picture of the gear later today.

Chris here. Lots of parts swap. What ya working on? Do you know the pitch. Center bore. Od size. And number of teeth?

Text me
Chris
336. 971.0896

I’ll shoot you a text but just so everyone else knows it’s a Losi xxx nt. Parts list in the back of the manual says it’s a 51 tooth spur gear. Pn A-3912. Spur gear, 51T, 32P (XXX-NT). I don’t have any way to accurately measure center bore or od. I could get a rough estimate if that helps.

Back