damn injectors...

RufusTheRam

just dropped the 2nd injector in the past ~2k miles today. anyone else having any issues with this? truck is a 99 PSD with ~127k. just wondering if i can look forward to all of them going in the next few thousand miles, it's a pita repair... would it be worthwhile to look at aftermarket injectors and go ahead and replace them all while i'm at it this time? truck has one of the older full banks kits already.

turned out to be the injector wiring harness. the ingenious design of incoporating the harness into the valve cover gasket.:shaking:

Damn 7.3's they seem to have that problem regulary

just like it had dropped a cylinder... had a bad misfire.

Friend of mine has a 95 7.3 psd with 220K on it. Runs decent under load. When it starts it knocks, smokes a little blue and skips. As it warms up, it smooths out but is still loud (fuel knock sounding) and is a little rough at idle. What should I check on his junk?

edit, it also get shit for fuel mileage. LOL

doesn't really sound like what mine did. i didn't drive it long enough to notice any difference in fuel mileage, but the motor sounded basically the same. at idle, there was just a definitive miss/lope. power was down on acceleration, and some additional engine vibration. no noticeable excess smoke.

blue smoke is oil... sounds like he possibley has a more major internal problem, but i'm no diesel expert.

Its been like that for 10K and hasn't used any more oil than it did before. I'm thinking either the harness, glow plugs and maybe a dieing injector but figured you might have some add'l information. The blue smoke cold is more a haze. My ctd does it as well when cold and allowed to idle for extended periods. Nothing to be scared of from that standpoint.

Back