damnit

orange150

well, something bad did happen to my truck this time. On my way back from the beach (Morehead) on new years day on 70 west between Clayton and Smithfield my truck went BANG and stopped running. Felt kinda like the rear end had locked up when it happened, but the truck coasted fine right onto the median. Opened the hood took off the air cleaner to see if I could see any junk inside, none. Took out the fuel filter to look for junk, none. tried to crank it again, everything turned over great, sounded beautifully, but it wouldn't crank. I did notice that white smoke comes out of the intake when I tried to crank it. So not knowing what else to do I called AAA and got my truck towed to Wakefield Ford where one of my buddies works. The diesel tech has been out sick since the day my truck got there (of course) and will hopefully be back tomorrow. I'm super anxious to find out what is wrong with it, but I was told that the way it sounds I should be praying its only the turbo.
There goes SVO and performance upgrades for a couple months.
Yuck.

Just got a call from my bud, it's the IDM, injection driver module, that module costs $1040! anybody know where I could pick up a good used one?

do some searching on thedieselstop.com. You can pick up used ones and mod'd ones for much less. Check Bean's Diesel Performance too.

HTH,
Shannon

Thanks Shannon!! turns out my IDM was full of water so I dont think I can do a core return, but I am going to go with the modded IDM from Beans.

Back