dana 44/60 hybird

jeepeater2003

hey all

well, i can go out and spend 1000$ for a dana 60, rebuild it and get new axle shafts and knuckles and all that or i can take my 44 i already have and buy
all the upgraded parts like knuckles, inner C's, all the outer's and brakes.
all in all it would be cheaper than buying a dana 60 and upgrading.

a couple questions though

I know they make an arb front for 35 spline for a dana 44 with 60 shafts.
does it require bigger bearings, do they come with them if needed or what?

i should just be to just cut everything from the C's out and throw away,
the crane or deddenbar C's should just bolt on. correct.

deddenbar has all the brakes and misc things so ill probly just get those or make some brakes

the leak link to this would be the carrier then, do you think the carrier would hold up to 42's? i am light on the gas but use it when needed.

anyone done this or have anyinfo on it. ive searched pirate some but not got enough info on it.

thanks
tyler

jeepeater2003 said:
hey all

well, i can go out and spend 1000$ for a dana 60, rebuild it and get new axle shafts and knuckles and all that or i can take my 44 i already have and buy
all the upgraded parts like knuckles, inner C's, all the outer's and brakes.
all in all it would be cheaper than buying a dana 60 and upgrading.

Rebuild what? I had to put some reman calipers ($25 each) a new inner spindle bearing and I changed the u-joints as PM.

If your as easy on the gas as you say a bone stock D60 should hold up just fine and give you an upgrade path should you choose to do so...

Have you priced out any of those custom parts youve listed? Crane and dedenbar and 35 spine anything will easily put you over your $1k price not counting any special tools, favors or labor to do it all.

Check out HighHonda's (Pbb) used D60s he's alwasy got a bunch missing a few items if your looking to save some $$... Chip (i think) had one listed for a fair price and you'd save shipping...

Neat concept post up if you continue with it..

Your talking about that 35 spline Dana 44 that 4WOR did a write up on not to long ago. It looks like it would be just a strong as a 60. Might want to look up that article and see if they say anything about the bearing in that.
Either that you should talk to Tri-County Gear, that's who did that install.

Back