Daniel Trail Block-off

samsterman99

Here are some pictures I got of the work we did to the intersection of Daniel and Rocky Mtn loop to block off the cut throughs. Moved some big honking trees in the way.

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00242_zps7292e2c8.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00244_zpse46470b8.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00247_zpsca8d0def.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00248_zps4607880c.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00250_zpsf222075d.jpg

ai8.photobucket.com_albums_a22_trx450always_DSC00252_zpsdb3adba7.jpg

Every bit helps, all of the illegal bypasses need to be refreshed every time we go by them, If everyone does this they will stay there and grow bigger.

Looks great lets hope they stay good and blocked off

Since it's mostly dirt there we could possibly put in vertical post or split rail/guard rail to be a permanent fix. The tree on the rml side is a big bastard though, it took a while to get that thing in place.

You won't block all the atv's but a 12-15 inch log will deter most from those bypasses. To some its a challenge to get over it, but to most folks I know, it's too much work. Looks like you guys did a good job.

I have pictures of the blocking my crew did on slab pile as well.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367268336.716785.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367268360.746646.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367268383.636795.jpg

This was the area where Slab Pile and Saw Mill meet. It was getting very wide with people going off the trail and playing in the mud holes. We drug some big logs over that hopefully make a statement. I will be down this Saturday and see how things are holding up.

I will also be out Saturday.

I was there this last Saturday and noticed all the blocking of illegal bypasses that have taken place. I greatly appreciate the work y'all are doing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just wanted to post an update, the block-off for the bypass at the first ledge is still intact. But, a new bypass has already been created...so that will need to be addressed here at some point.

Glad to hear, and not trying to bad mouth ATV/Dirtbike riders, but it was clearly created by a few of them who choose to break the rules

I think there is another bypass on Daniel to get by the first ledge, it's to the right at the top of the first ledge after the tree. I didnt know if it was a legal bypass but I seen Someone use it on there way down I would have said something but I was on my way down at the second ledge.It looked like people had been using it more since the other bypass had been blocked

I think there is another bypass on Daniel to get by the first ledge, it's to the right at the top of the first ledge after the tree. I didnt know if it was a legal bypass but I seen Someone use it on there way down I would have said something but I was on my way down at the second ledge.It looked like people had been using it more since the other bypass had been blocked

That is what I was referring to

Also watched a couple of Jeeps (not ATV's) go completely off trail and up and over the wooded hill at the bottom of Dickey Bell to get around the line of vehicles at the bottom waiting to go up. I really think most folks just don't realize they're supposed to stay on the marked trails. They need to charge $6 for the pass and hand out a pamphlet or something with these warnings in bold red writing......

Also watched a couple of Jeeps (not ATV's) go completely off trail and up and over the wooded hill at the bottom of Dickey Bell to get around the line of vehicles at the bottom waiting to go up.

Were people sitting in those vehicles waiting to go up the hill, or were the vehicles empty with nobody standing around them? It really pisses me off when I come up on vehicles parked in the middle of a trail with nobody in them or standing around them.

They were sitting in them. First, a Jeep broke a front axle and had to be towed up, then 2 trucks later, another at the top ran out of gas, so the line backed up with nowhere to go.

Also watched a couple of Jeeps (not ATV's) go completely off trail and up and over the wooded hill at the bottom of Dickey Bell to get around the line of vehicles at the bottom waiting to go up. I really think most folks just don't realize they're supposed to stay on the marked trails. They need to charge $6 for the pass and hand out a pamphlet or something with these warnings in bold red writing......

i agree most people are probably like well that looks like part of the trail so i guess i can take it to because i haven't seen or been told different.

and does anyone know if the broke down xterra is still there on dickey bell?

They left it there? I heard people talking about it at the outpost when I went fishing saturday.

Where on Dutch John is the supposed bypass? I didn't see it on Saturday and I was up and down the hill a couple of times. I'm trying to think how it would even be possible to bypass the hill climb without creating another hill climb.

I think there should be some kinda signage that states "stay on trail" by "friends of uwharrie" or "uwharrie volunteers" or even more "usfs" something like that, that can be nailed or bolted to the logs and rails being put up by all of us. At least something that can be read by illegal bypass users other than the implied log or rail across the path.

Back