December 6th 2014 Uwharrie workday

krzyabncanuck

BLM HOTSHOT
There is a club out there doing a workday in December. You are more than welcome to attend. We will be working on the Dickey Bell hill climb.

Looks like my work trip is going to be extended so I'm unfortunately not going to be able to join you... but I *will* be out the following weekend, so give a shout if there's anything in particular I can do while I'm there.

Shaggy
If you can stop by the Eldorado Community Center for the rendezvous on the 13th.

If you can stop by the Eldorado Community Center for the rendezvous on the 13th.

I'll be there for sure! For my work time I suspect I'll just do my garbage man thing, but as I say if there's something else that needs doing drop me a PM or email.

Shaggy

Holy smokes was it slicker than snot shit.

Got all the important get done that day sections done on Dickey Bell but did not get anything done up on the top of Dickey bell above the hill climb, but have some materials up there now to do some work. All sorts of trucks went home broke from that weekend / Saturday evening. To include some from the workday that went to play after.

I am going back up tomorrow and will get some more pics as it was just to muddy / slick to do stuff in the afternoon and i ran the Auger all day so kind of had to take pics.

And huge thanks to all that came out from the different clubs / individuals. Sorry i did not have anything left to give out from FOU but will be working on getting more stuff the beginning of the year.

On Saturday I played garbage man, not too terrible, five bags from the trails and trailheads. The service roads are what are shocking, it's hard to go more than 20 feet in some sections without seeing a bottle, can, cup, etc. :eek: I would be interested in knowing if a club (or individual already) has plans to tackle these, if not then I will plot out a schedule to sweep them all over the next few months while the visitor count is down.

More graffiti also showed up, a couple spots at the top of Daniel again (which I cleaned):

SAM_2488 (800x600).jpg

SAM_2491 (600x800).jpg

SAM_2494 (800x600).jpg

SAM_2492 (600x800).jpg

There was also this out at a campsite out toward Black Water Campground:

SAM_2471 (800x600).jpg

I ran out of cleaner so will have to try and get to this on my next trip.

Shaggy

Seen you out there Saturday during our Christmas party ride, thank you for all your hard work, We will hit a lot of issues hard come the winter workdays.

Thanks for catching those, I know that the trails I rode (daniel + dickey bell) looked really clean besides 2 cans I got late on saturday. I noticed that there are some new bypasses on daniel that people are starting to make on the backside near the big rock play area leading up that hill.

Back