Deck Stain/Protector?

R Q

I'll be washing and sealing my deck in the near future and want to seal it. Its about 5 years old and has never been sealed. It's darkened with age from a large tree directly over it but pressure washing does clean it up so that will be done first. I do not want a paint product, I want a sealer and possible stain for a maple color. I see some decks that look painted, I don't want that, What's the best product for this and for new wood fencing, all pressure treated?

Stain that is semi transparent or opaque. They will protect the wood longer. Clear if you want to see the grain more but won't last as long.

Ready seal is the easiest to apply and offers great coverage. If you want the color to stay dark add another layer. It dries quick , doesn’t have start stop marks as you work throughout the day and cleans up with soapy water.

I used Cabot Australian Timber Oil from Lowe's. Just did it last summer so no long term review yet but it was easy to apply, covered evenly and water just beads up on the deck now.

I used Cabot Australian Timber Oil from Lowe's. Just did it last summer so no long term review yet but it was easy to apply, covered evenly and water just beads up on the deck now.

I have used that stuff for years on my cedar deck. It only lasts a year for me for really, 2 years max stretching it, but it is good stuff.

Last year I tried TWP, and it it doesn't seem to last as long as the Austrialian Timber Oil.

Back